Two Edges

RazorEDGE

Picked up two new 2007 EDGEs this week. Traded in my Wife's Explorer and after test driving the EDGE I traded in my 2005 Freestyle. We have a Black SEL PLUS and a Crème Brûlée SEL.

So far OK. A few disappointments since we got home. Both cars are missing paint at the top of the rear door, on the door itself by the hinges and on the body behind the rubber molding. Missing paint is very noticeable on the black.

Also, the rear door trim inside around the window is not staying in place. Looks like a bad moldings on both cars.

They both ride and handle great. I look forward to driving mine everyday. The Freestyle was a good vehicle, but does not have the looks or "FUN FACTOR" of the EDGE.

I think FORD really needs to pay attention to detail. Also, I am not happy that the rear seat brackets do not have covers on the inside brackets. The outer ones have covers, bolts coming up through the floor just looks cheap. My guess is that the part was not available from the supplier when the cars were made. I am going to look at an 08' to see if the covers are there - if not, still looks cheap.

I know I am being picky, I have purchased nothing but new Fords - these two are numbers 16 & 17. If Ford wants to keep and attract new customers - it's all about QUALITY.

Good Luck to all with their EDGEs.

Small problems aside - they really are great vehicles. Absolutely enjoy the highway ride.

I have had my Edge about 4 weeks now and have only had one complaint. The rear Panoramic trim ring Hook and Loop tape came unglued and was repaired by Price Gnade Ford in Moscow Mills MO. The ride is fabulous, I enjoy the handling and love those heated seats. The stereo is wonderful, the rear recline seats, the Grandkids enjoy. I get around 22 mpg overall and 24 highway. I have 2900 miles on my Edge and can't remember when I liked a vehicle more. Unless it was the Harley Truck in 01.

The one thing I would like is the home link on my new Edge.

Oh yeah and the Ipod interface.

SRE

• 2 weeks later...
I have had my Edge about 4 weeks now and have only had one complaint. The rear Panoramic trim ring Hook and Loop tape came unglued and was repaired by Price Gnade Ford in Moscow Mills MO. The ride is fabulous, I enjoy the handling and love those heated seats. The stereo is wonderful, the rear recline seats, the Grandkids enjoy. I get around 22 mpg overall and 24 highway. I have 2900 miles on my Edge and can't remember when I liked a vehicle more. Unless it was the Harley Truck in 01.

The one thing I would like is the home link on my new Edge.

Oh yeah and the Ipod interface.

SRE

Good recommendation - I would like the home link too.

• 2 weeks later...