Replaced Brake Booster, Brake lights stay on

I replaced the brake booster on the '07. The brake pedal now will not reach the brake switch.....brake lights stay on. It does not look like the rod ob the booster is adjustable. I borrowed the pic below from another member. It is the same scenario.post-31346-0-69077100-1404757354_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Was this precaution taken:

NOTICE: Do not press, pull or otherwise move the brake pedal while installing the stoplamp switch. The switch must be installed with the booster push rod attached to the brake pedal and with the brake pedal in the at-rest position. Installing this switch with the brake pedal in any other position will result in incorrect adjustment and may damage the switch.

May need to get a new stoplamp switch to fix.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Hey guys, I just had to do the brake booster replacement on my mom's 2008 Ford edge and had the same issue with the brake lights staying on. I think removing the switch causes it to adjust. It has a pair of black tabs at the base that spin as you remove it. Removing and reinstalling caused it to engage at a new lower height in my car. It seems fairly durable as I did all of the above for the "do not do" list and it's still functioning. This information is all based on using a fomoco OEM switch, I'm not sure if the aftermarket switches are the same.

Edited by accordionfolder

• 2 years later...