Choppy Acceleration in 2013

ronjon16

Hi everyone.

I did some research and couldn't find an answer. The problem exists when I accelerate from a standstill. It almost feels like the transmission is jerking (like a skipping sensation enough to physically feel) The jerk softens after 60kmh or so. Really a pain in parking lots and stop and go traffic. I bought it used as a rental with 14,000 km. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what their solution was? Thanks.

Edited by ronjon16

I had a similar issue with a 2008 that drove me nuts for 6 months and, because the car was still under warranty, I passed the pain onto the dealer with frequent visits. Most of the time, they could not duplicate the symptoms therefore without a diagnostic to evaluate, nothing was found. A couple times, I experienced the jerking only minutes after leaving the dealer. Finally, during an extended test drive, the tech captured the problem. It was a coil on one of the cylinders that was failing. I and the dealer were mainly looking at transmission issues, but it was engine electrical all along. The dealer service department freely admitted that there was enough things that could cause this that they were reluctant to chase the symptom without a diagnostic capture. Good luck.