Custom Ford emblem

RytM1

I've seen a number of posts about the DIY method and vinyl overlays. I checked out the emblem on my '13 SEL, and couldn't feel a seam where I thought the clear top would separate from the chrome backing plate. I also could not find a vinyl graphics shop that could match the look of the tuxedo black body color. I ended up finding www.customtrucksolutions.com. Their emblems appear to be a 2-piece design, and don't have clear "domed" top surface that the factory emblem has, but it color matches perfectly. Even though their emblems are geared towards the F150, the front 9" emblem was a direct fit. The rear 7" emblem's mounting posts on the factory emblem are a little wider than the CTS one. That just required a dremel to knock the posts off, and some good body molding tape from a local body shop to fix that. Swapped out the front emblem when I pulled the front bumper to swap the front grille.

post-27836-0-70837200-1407462632_thumb.jpg

post-27836-0-11866000-1407462648_thumb.jpg

post-27836-0-66629700-1407462683_thumb.jpg

post-27836-0-70502200-1407462699_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The rear emblem is just stuck on. I masked off around the emblem to protect the paint, then used a hair dryer to warm the emblem up. You can then get a screwdriver behind the emblem and carefully start prying the emblem off until you can get your fingers behind it to pull. Take your time, and re-apply heat if you have to.