Can a sub be added to the standard sound system in an 2013 SEL (Not Sony)

I'm not a car sound system fanatic (I'm getting older and the ears are not what they used to be...lol) but the factory sound system that I have just doesn't have the bass response I would like. I do like the system and it works and sounds good, except I think that a sub installed in the rear compartment where the Sony sub usually goes would give the extra bass I am looking for (I don't want to rattle the windows, though).

Can a sub be added to my system without messing up all the MFT and Sync gizmos that are already on the car. Is there one available that would fit in the factory mounting location and look almost stock? I know very little about this stuff, so any advice/help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Ya might wanna start with a good set of front speakers. The factory speakers in the 2011+ SEL Edges are, by far, the cheapest I have ever seen. Changing them makes a huge difference and allows you to turn up the bass. It may just be enough to satisfy your ears but nothing can take the place of a good aftermarket sub and amp.

I am in the process up switching out all the door speakers to the Infinity 682.11cf. I am also buying the stock sub to put in as I just want a full sound image and don't care about massive amounts of base. I will be running all speakers off of separate amps, one for the doors and one for the sub. I am not sure when I will have time to get all this done but I will give an update once I do. I am also thinking about putting in the center dash speaker to help with the sound image as well. I already have some high end Polk 3.5" speakers that I can use for that purpose.