Damn MS or.. maybe ford. for imperfect sync

i just picked up my edge about a month ago but sync on my edge never worked from the begining. Buttons on steering wheels, MS sync command button, Call/End; those three buttons never work from the beginning. I thought I had to setup on the sync part but those buttons never worked. the most important buttons for SYNC. the in-dash system works fine but my edge no different then 2007 edge with navi w/o sync. no offense to anyone who drives 07 edge but i paid for my 08. actually i had to wait for my edge once for check up and noticed that there was a problem with the system so I had to wait more days for a new car.

Now that my edge is still as the dealer shop with problem not solved. it took them a full week to send the system out bring it back the way it was un-fixed. I don't know why i had to wait more for new car to be fixed. I was driving rental car-06 ford focus-crappy as hell. my arms are hurting.

Do you know if the dealer can do anything with my problem? the dealer service can't fix the damn new car. shouldn't i get a new car?

i wonder if they even try to put a new system and try to re work it.

I'm so furious at ford for making sucha car. I don't think a consumer deserve this. I don't mind a free service with some time of time but this is just too big. too much complains..........

Does anyone know if this can be fixed or not????

Sync vs. Nano

Sync is both a hands-free, Bluetooth-based phone system and a voice-activated music player that's compatible with iPods and plenty of other media devices. It's a neat idea, but the software is buggy and the interface is inconsistent. The most annoying problem during my week of testing was that the car kept switching on the Bluetooth music function of my cellphone, even after I had turned it off. Sync also had a problem finding some of the music on my iPod nano. Ford said that if the song, artist, album and genre data tags for a song are not all filled in, Sync will ignore the track, but even Ford's chief engineer for Sync couldn't explain why the system could play the same files from my iPod Shuffle.

The irony of all ironies is that I was entirely unable to call my main public-relations contact at Ford using Sync because the voice-recognition system couldn't parse his two-syllable name, no matter how I said it. It seems that Ford has bought into the common software industry practice of beta-testing new technology on early adopters.

Ford maintains that Sync's software has the potential to be updated, and engineers are already busy working on version 2.0 of the system. However, the company remains undecided on what, if any, upgrade path will be offered to customers

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1195164866...hs&ru=yahoo

Edited by 07 MKX

• 10 months later...

That sounds more like a hardware problem, not a software one... so it's not microsoft.

Sounds like there's something unplugged... most likely behind the steering column...

MECHANICS know nothing when it comes to electrical problems..... specially new technology. I think the dealer is better off sending the car to a stereo installer to tweak on it... they have the experience to deal with problems like that, and the equipment to test it as well.