Plasti-dipped grill

rsto

Just wanted to give an update on how my dip is holding up. In CT we've had a ton of storms lately and was wondering if the salt/snow/ice would have a negative impact. Just went through the touchless car wash and none of dip came off. I also used the toothpick method for the insides of the letters. TJames557, let me know how you do the rims that is my first project in the spring!

Awesome! good to know that it holds up. I will! Theres a bunch of youtube videos of how to do the rims. Its the same idea as dipping anything else really. Thanks for the emblem method, cant wait to do those. I wanted to do it today but ive just been too busy. Im shooting for next sunday. Before and after pics will be posted!

• 2 weeks later...

I plastidipped my grille in August I believe, and it's held up the whole time. (my avatar)

I'm glad to hear it's holding. Through the recent snow here, mine has been fine. I really worried when I went through the car wash. I have a subscription to one where a guy scrubs the grill with a brush then the car goes through. There are big foam pieces that slaps the front of the car. So far,none has come off.

• 1 month later...

post-14260-0-97543800-1429530602_thumb.jpgpost-14260-0-05406500-1429530608_thumb.jpgpost-14260-0-98766300-1429530615_thumb.jpgpost-14260-0-48742500-1429530625_thumb.jpgfinally got around to doing this. totally novice, and first attempt. I like the look of it so far, been on about a week now. A couple of hiccups, hard to see unless standing right up on the thing and looking for them, but messed up a little during peeling. I think I'll nail it next time.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Kuszak, did you use the "glossifier" on yours?

After seeing this I will try this first before I have the grill painted to match the vehicle (Tuxedu black) I am ordering a primed set of inserts to do mine off the car and have my chrome as a back up.

I do like the idea of the small chrome pieces staying chrome as it gives a little contrast

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...