Alternatives

Anonymous

Good to hear that the Edge is finally appearing in showrooms.

We ended up letting our order go. After sharing a single car for 2 months and waiting for our SEL Plus to arrive, we decided it was time to move on. We even went to the dealer to work out a swap for our order with a retail, but, they could have cared less about selling us a car.

We bought a fully loaded 2007 Toyota RAV4. It's an awesome car, and the price was less by a whole year's worth of payments. It lacks the BAMR (which all Edges on the showroom floor lack as well). However, the bluetooth phone integration is awesome. The brakes and fuel economy are awesome. Handling is great. The storage spaces are incredibly well thought.

In all, there are some great cars out there that we never considered when we ordered the Edge back in August.

Tired of Ford treating you like a second class citizen (i.e., in communicado [never a single status update from Ford], retail deliveries before customer pre-orders, no traces, no loaners)? Well, check out Toyota. They'll happily sell you a great CUV. And, I think Toyota may actually be doing more today for the US economy than Ford.

The world is flat. Peace out. :yup:

It's without a doubt that the delayed launch of the Edge, or at least how it was handled by Ford has left some people unhappy.

Maybe Ford should have and could have explained the delays to dealers/customers, but I still think they would have had pissed off customers who simply didn't want to wait?

I suppose one could argue that the Edge delays were done by Ford in the interest of long-term satisfaction. . .Ford did the right thing by not releasing and Edge models before prime time.

Ford nor any other auto maker desires the spotlight of an embarrassing recall. Especially recalls on a new model launch.

Congrats on the Toyota :rockon:

First off, congrats on the Toyota. All that matters in the end is that you are happy with your purchase.

Robert, I think that many of Americans today are just too used to an "instant" society that we've become accustomed to. We have instant food, instant communications with cell phone and internet, instant money via ATM. So when a company announces a new product, we just want it NOW. Patience is quickly becoming a lost virtue in American today...

First off, congrats on the Toyota. All that matters in the end is that you are happy with your purchase.

Robert, I think that many of Americans today are just too used to an "instant" society that we've become accustomed to. We have instant food, instant communications with cell phone and internet, instant money via ATM. So when a company announces a new product, we just want it NOW. Patience is quickly becoming a lost virtue in American today...

Oh, I do agree with you. On the other hand, Ford shouldn't announce a vehicle's availability beforehand. Ford has a long history of doing this and it is bad business.

Good to hear that the Edge is finally appearing in showrooms.

We ended up letting our order go. After sharing a single car for 2 months and waiting for our SEL Plus to arrive, we decided it was time to move on. We even went to the dealer to work out a swap for our order with a retail, but, they could have cared less about selling us a car.

We bought a fully loaded 2007 Toyota RAV4. It's an awesome car, and the price was less by a whole year's worth of payments. It lacks the BAMR (which all Edges on the showroom floor lack as well). However, the bluetooth phone integration is awesome. The brakes and fuel economy are awesome. Handling is great. The storage spaces are incredibly well thought.

In all, there are some great cars out there that we never considered when we ordered the Edge back in August.

Tired of Ford treating you like a second class citizen (i.e., in communicado [never a single status update from Ford], retail deliveries before customer pre-orders, no traces, no loaners)? Well, check out Toyota. They'll happily sell you a great CUV. And, I think Toyota may actually be doing more today for the US economy than Ford.

The world is flat. Peace out. :yup:

Congrats on the Rav4. They are great vehicles and cost less as well. I personally think the AWD V6 Rav4 is better than the AWD Edge. It is quicker and gets better gas milage and ( at least from the reviews so far ) has better braking. I suspect that it will also handle better due to the edge's rathern heavy weight. The only thing I do not like about the Rav4 is the side opening rear door. The lift hatch is a better option especially in the rain in my opinion.

The only reason I have not purchased a RAV4 is due to the fact that almost none are built and shipped to my area with the $160 towing prep option. ( Baiscally a trans cooler and larger radiator ) Also, since you cannot order a vehicle from toyota, I would have to agree to buy ( with deposit ) a vehicle that would most likely show up with options that are slightly different from what I agree to. This gves the Toyota dealer room to play price hike when it shows up. All of the Toyota dealers in the Atlanta area have a horrable reputation for trying to cheat people. I would never buy from them unless I could get a deal on a vehicle on the lot where I could certify the price before signing anything....

So, I had to write Toyota off as an option......Although the Rav4 is still my first choice....