Nav Issue

Does anyone else have an issue with your Nav losing the satellites and then eventually it gets lost as to what road it is on? Mine does it all the time, the little symbol shows up that says it cant find the satellites. In fact I dont think it ever goes away for more than a few seconds at a time.

Mine does the same...Not sure what the deal is with that! It cannot find certain streets around here...

if it's a Edge make sure you don't have any metal(keys, gum wrappers, cellphone, parking pass, ipod etc..) in the storage tray above the radio, the GPS antenna is almost directly below the forward portion of the tray.

This isn't a common problem but I have had more than several requests to diagnose GPS reception in Edge, Escape and Mustangs.

The Nav unit DTC's will only show fault if the GPS antenna has been disconnected or the center pin of the coax is broken, I have seen the antennas only lock down 2 sats with a bad antenna or cable, i'll replace the antenna/cable and it will lock 8 sats without the car moving a inch!

• 3 weeks later...

It's not just a northerner thing. Florida here! We had the '07 edge at the dealership today. Same issue, well they replaced the antenna. It didn't do any good. So they pulled a new vehicle off the lot, replaced our head unit with the new one. It worked for 15 mins. Back to no gps signal. We aren't sure what the dealership is going to do to rectify the situation.

Any other advice? We spent good money on this upgrade and like to use it.

Mine does the same...Not sure what the deal is with that! It cannot find certain streets around here...

Nav signal is great on ours!!!Ford Nav is dead on ...no loss of signal...locks in quick (vehicle 2 weeks old now)

(upstate new york)

But as far as the user interface....I have a Garmin Nuvi360 that I compare this to...

+ & - on both units...

the big - on the Ford Nav is: Not sure why some of the Nav commands are disabled during motion???? how did they pick the commands to disable

POIs? + others (only get access to local POIs when in route...) ????? Maybe it's an operator thing...LOL