Single zone climate control issue

We just picked up a 2011 Edge se. It has the basic, manual single zone climate control. Every time the the vehicle is started the climate control turns on. The control does not have an auto feature. Is there a setting to turn this off or is something malfunctioning? Thanks in advance.

From the OM, pg 56: there is an OFF button (an O with a vertical line thru it) in the center at the 10-12 o'clock position. Press to activate/deactivate the climate control system. When the system is off, outside air is prevented from entering the vehicle through the vents.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2011-Ford-Edge-SE-Sport-CD-Radio-Climate-Control-Panel-Unit-Center-Console-/150708392899

$(KGrHqFHJB8E63(O5,fEBO0v6jytQw~~60_12.J

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

I'll try to explain better. (That picture is the same as my climate control.) if the climate control is off, no lights on, blowing etc when the vehicle is turned off, when the vehicle is started, the climate control is on, and the lights are on. It's working as if they was where the settings were when it was shut off. I hope that makes more sense.