A3 card - most updated (according to dealer) - very confused

Just bought a 2012 Edge Limited AWD w/Navigation. I told the dealer I wanted the most up-to-date card available upon purchase. The Edge came with an A3 card, and the dealer indicated that as long as I have this version, all other updates are attained via download (USB).

Reading the various posts on here, I'm now not sure this is accurate. Will I have most up-to-date software/maps/etc, or should I be going back to my dealer. I'm in Ontario, if that makes a difference in terms of version availability

Thanks!

The dealer is mixing up software with maps. If you have the A3 map card, then you can download all the latest versions of software. Some of the older map cards will not work with the current software. However as akirby stated, the maps are contained only on the SD card, you must purchase (or otherwise acquire) a new card to get updated maps. The A4 card has the same map data as the A3 card, but the A5 is the latest.