Oil in the Intake

I'm having this issue currently and I can't find any website that tells you how to fix this issue. Please help!

• MAY 01 2013
  • NHTSA Reference #10053358
  • TSB Reference #ASI-32211

Description: FORD: ON SOME VEHICLES, THE INTAKE AIR SYSTEM COMPONENTS MAY HAVE ENGINE OIL ACCUMULATION, IN LEFT HAND VALVE COVER BAFFLE MIGRATING THROUGH FRESH AIR INTAKE OF POSITIVE CRANKCASE VENTILATION (PCV) SYSTEM. MODELS 2011-2013 EDGE, EXPLORE

My guess would be a redesigned valve cover is involved, not unlike the solution for EcoBoost models. PM thirdgenlxi (Jared) for help, he can get the info for you (if he doesn't see this thread first). Make 4 more posts in the test forum to get to the min 5 post requirement to use the PM feature.

This is what I was thinking of: TSB 14-0113

FORD:
2010-2014 Flex, Taurus
2013-2014 Explorer
LINCOLN:
2010-2014 MKS, MKT
ISSUE
Some 2010-2014 Flex, MKS, MKT, Taurus and 2013-2014 Explorer vehicles equipped with a 3.5L Gasoline
Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDI) engine with an aluminum valve cover may exhibit excessive oil consumption and/or
excessive engine oil smoking condition from the tail pipe at idle during normal engine operating temperatures.
ACTION
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
SERVICE PROCEDURE
1. Remove the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) Valve. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-08.
2. Inspect for oil in the crankcase vent oil separator through the PCV valve opening. Is there presence of liquid oil, more
than slight vapor?
a. No - this article does not apply refer to WSM, Section 303-00 for Excessive Engine Oil Consumption.
b. Yes - proceed to Step 3.
3. Replace the right hand valve cover, refer to WSM, Section 303-01D.
4. Replace the crankcase vent oil separator, refer to WSM, Section 303-08.
5. Drive the vehicle at normal operating temperature for 20 minutes at constant highway speed to remove oil residue

from catalytic converter.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W