Led signature light strip

selecoboost2013

If you have DRLs currently (side flashers?) on the Edge, it might have the programming to allow the functionality to be moved to the LED strips instead at the dealer via IDS. But from what I have heard, most dealers don't know how to do it right the first time, so if you go in there prepared with instructions you are better off. PM jmr061, he may have a solution for you. (make 4 test posts here so you can use the PM functionality)

• Like 1

Ford does not have the BCM programmed capable of using the LED strips as DRL that I am aware of. There are only 3 choices that I know of: DRL off, DRL Low Beam and DRL Turn Signals.

On my 13 Taurus I even played with the values internally and while it did accept a 4th setting, that setting did nothing.

• Like 2

http://www.fordescape.org/forum/electronics-audio-lighting/27193-standard-radio-8-nav-conversion-3.html

That's too bad, on my 2013 escape I was able to do some changes to the bcm and enable global open using a software called focccus and a OBDII scanner.

All you did was something that could have been done with factory IDS software or if someone broke down the coding which is what they did with that software. The software within the BCM would need to be reprogrammed to allow what you want to do. For instance on my 13 Taurus I enabled the global close (it already has open) setting in the cluster because the software in the cluster already supports it. IDS also has a setting for global close for the BCM to be turned on or off. I turned it on....guess what it doesn't work because the Taurus software in the BCM doesn't support it even though it is enabled.

If a vehicle line has an option in the upper end models and not in the lower end chances are the software in the lower end supports it just needs to be turned on. The AWD gauge on the Taurus is something that comes to mind as one of those things that can be enabled that the software supports but Ford decided to leave out of the cluster. Of course this is for items that don't need additional hardware.

Edited by jmr061

Assuming that by "signature lights" you mean the vertical LED accent lights in the front lower fascia... they can't be programmed as DRLs because they are much too dim to be effective DRLs. They're hardly bright enough as accent lights (they remind me of the "landau" lights they used to have on the side of Thunderbirds). The solution is to replace them with the DRL kit from www.daytimebrightlites.com. Dan is a sponsor here and he produces a quality product with unmatched customer support. Have a look in the Glass, Lenses, Lighting, etc. section of the forum for lots more information.

Edited by TheWizard
  • Like 1