Welcome!

Edge Guide

Welcome to Ford Ecoboost Performance.com - we're glad that you are part of the Edge and Ford community. We hope that you find this site both educational and entertaining. We always welcome your comments, opinions and suggestions on how we can make this site better for you. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail here.

If you are new to this site, please open a topic and introduce yourself here.

• 2 months later...

Greetings! New member, new owner saying hello in the new website. I love my new Edge and the EcoBoost is very impressive. After one month of driving it I can report that both power and mpg are as advertised. Merging on the parkway is exhilarating right up until you notice the mpg dropping and wisely return to a sane more 'econo' driving mode. Every car should have some kind of mpg monitor it really makes the driver aware of how driving style impacts mpg. Lead foot = a lot more gas guzzled. Once the newness wears off I may stop being so conscious of the Instant MPG gage. Love the gages, screens and buttons though! Now to master the voice controls.

IMO, Ford has got a winner with the Edge; great ride, really nice styling, super quiet in the cabin, refined sound system and all that sky above. All that and you can light up the front tires from a stop with no problem and still get 30 mpg cruising on the highway. This is a winner in my book.

Edited by Evander

So far my wife's Silver Edge is awesome. Great ride, quiet, the throttle is smooth and responsive, and view through the moon roof on a clear night is awesome. The ambient lighting is a nice touch also. We are still learning the bells and whistles at this point, but here is one you probably don't hear very often.... we have a great dealer that loves to help their clients get the most from their cars. We went to their New Car Customer class last Saturday and learned quiet a bit with an invitation to come back anytime we have questions.

Sixteen days and nine hundred plus miles..... 23+ mpg with two thirds or more in town driving.

Seriously thinking about getting another one just like it for me in a different color when my pickup dies.

Greetings! New member, new owner saying hello in the new website. I love my new Edge and the EcoBoost is very impressive. After one month of driving it I can report that both power and mpg are as advertised. Merging on the parkway is exhilarating right up until you notice the mpg dropping and wisely return to a sane more 'econo' driving mode. Every car should have some kind of mpg monitor it really makes the driver aware of how driving style impacts mpg. Lead foot = a lot more gas guzzled. Once the newness wears off I may stop being so conscious of the Instant MPG gage. Love the gages, screens and buttons though! Now to master the voice controls.

IMO, Ford has got a winner with the Edge; great ride, really nice styling, super quiet in the cabin, refined sound system and all that sky above. All that and you can light up the front tires from a stop with no problem and still get 30 mpg cruising on the highway. This is a winner in my book.

30 miles per gallon is pretty awesome considering my little pea green colored Fiesta gets 39! :unsure:

So far my wife's Silver Edge is awesome. Great ride, quiet, the throttle is smooth and responsive, and view through the moon roof on a clear night is awesome. The ambient lighting is a nice touch also. We are still learning the bells and whistles at this point, but here is one you probably don't hear very often.... we have a great dealer that loves to help their clients get the most from their cars. We went to their New Car Customer class last Saturday and learned quiet a bit with an invitation to come back anytime we have questions.

Sixteen days and nine hundred plus miles..... 23+ mpg with two thirds or more in town driving.

Seriously thinking about getting another one just like it for me in a different color when my pickup dies.

Two Edges in the same family? You sound like me and our two Mustangs :lol:

30 miles per gallon is pretty awesome considering my little pea green colored Fiesta gets 39! :unsure:

Two Edges in the same family? You sound like me and our two Mustangs :lol:

Mustangs are another home run for Ford, but a little low for this ole dog to get in an out of :(. But so far, I would have two Edges in a heartbeat!!!

We had our street rod at a show a couple months ago and won a door prize... a nice neon clock with the Ford logo. Since the street rod is a chevy, I gave the clock to my son and now he won't give it back!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...