Are you happy with your Edge Ecoboost?

mona

• 3 weeks later...

I just purchased a 2013 Limited with ecoboost.  I really love it!  I was surprised at the power it had off the line.  I thought being a 4 cyl. that it would have felt sluggish with how heavy the edge is.  I have only had it a little over a week but we have gone up the mountains and it has had no trouble with plenty of power and around town has been very enjoyable.  I would buy one again!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'll be purchasing a 2013 Edge very soon. I'm still on the fence about getting an Ecoboost Model or the tried and true 3.5 6 cyl. I'm retired and don't do the miles I used to so I'm wondering if the Eco is worth it. I am realistic about the mileage but does it really drive better than the 6 cyl ? I also like the fact that you get 18" wheels with the Eco package on an SE. I have good prices on both models and ready to buy.

Any opinions are welcome

Thanks

Edited by Bill Lewis

I'll be purchasing a 2013 Edge very soon. I'm still on the fence about getting an Ecoboost Model or the tried and true 3.5 6 cyl. I'm retired and don't do the miles I used to so I'm wondering if the Eco is worth it. I am realistic about the mileage but does it really drive better than the 6 cyl ? I also like the fact that you get 18" wheels with the Eco package on an SE. I have good prices on both models and ready to buy.

Any opinions are welcome

Thanks

From what I've read here and on the FordEdgeForum.com, people who have an Edge EB love them.

Wow, you really drive it to have 40k miles on a 13.  Problem free so far?

Only problem was in the first week.  The shaft in the AC compressor broke.  Two days later I was back on the road with. 

Ok, there was one other problem.  In July I drove from Maryland to Mississippi and somewhere along the way something took a gouge out of the sidewall of on the the tires.  I think it happened along 81 in Virginia because there were an unusual number of cars with flats on the side of the road for a long stretch.  I replaced all 4 while I was in Mississippi.  Can't blame that on Ford though.

I haven't really had problems with MFT.  It's had its quirks (reboots, weird routing, etc), but mostly it has been fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

From a previous post I said I was on the fence between the 6 cyl. and the ECO. After negotiating with a few dealers I got a much better deal on the ECO model and couldn't be happier.   :) Rides great and has all the power I need. The 18" wheels are nice too. I would highly recommend the ECO unless you need to tow something. Its not yet broken in but the fuel economy seems good and should get better. I look at it this way, I got a great deal after a lot of shopping and negotiating, and if I want the comfort of a full size SUV this is the best choice with the ECO. 

I got the SE model and hated the plastic inserts in the fog light cutouts. I can't believe Ford couldn't put the lights in on this model. Would of cost them very little. Got a set of Daytime Brightlights and had my mechanic install them. A bit expensive but they're REALLY NICE !!!  Even if you have the stock lights these are a big improvement. They also have "puddle lights" for under your rearview mirrors and just came out with replacement taillights. Nice stuff.  :rockon:

• 5 months later...

I rented several Edges over the past few years and thought it would be a good vehicle to own.That said,I bought an Edge EcoBoost for use within my organization Veterans Voices of Canada several months ago. I love the panoramic sunroof,the peppiness of the 4 cyl., plus it looks pretty nice.(It will look better again onceIi get the 21 inch wheels on it!). The comfort of the leather seats could be a bit better for sure though.

I do much driving,so I needed great gas mileage.I haven't really seen the best gas mileage with it yet, but the thumping of the transmission as it changes gears once in a bit is a pain in the backside.I've read some others having the same issues and read  it can be such problems from seals to sensors/modules. I've had it for three months and although it is used with 50,000 kilometres,it seems others with less road time are doing the same.

I also had to stop and get out of my Edge last week while driving on the highway,as it felt and sounded like something was hit and dragging under the front end...nothing of course. I'm beginning to wonder if it will make it even close to serving me with the over 350,000 kilometres on my last vehicle before it gave out. I started with an 9 out of 10,but that's been whittled down to about  a 7 out of 10 at this point.  I wonder where the future will take me with this vehicle.

:( 

• 2 weeks later...

From a previous post I said I was on the fence between the 6 cyl. and the ECO. After negotiating with a few dealers I got a much better deal on the ECO model and couldn't be happier.   :) Rides great and has all the power I need. The 18" wheels are nice too. I would highly recommend the ECO unless you need to tow something. Its not yet broken in but the fuel economy seems good and should get better. I look at it this way, I got a great deal after a lot of shopping and negotiating, and if I want the comfort of a full size SUV this is the best choice with the ECO. 

I got the SE model and hated the plastic inserts in the fog light cutouts. I can't believe Ford couldn't put the lights in on this model. Would of cost them very little. Got a set of Daytime Brightlights and had my mechanic install them. A bit expensive but they're REALLY NICE !!!  Even if you have the stock lights these are a big improvement. They also have "puddle lights" for under your rearview mirrors and just came out with replacement taillights. Nice stuff.  :rockon:

I have the Daytime Brightlights as well.  Absolutely love them. Also used their LEDs to switch interior and license plate light to LEDs.  Puddle lights are great too.  Got a set of them to install in my parents Flex to make it easier for them to see at night.  Stock ones on the Flex are really bad.

• 2 months later...

I have the Daytime Brightlights as well.  Absolutely love them. Also used their LEDs to switch interior and license plate light to LEDs.  Puddle lights are great too.  Got a set of them to install in my parents Flex to make it easier for them to see at night.  Stock ones on the Flex are really bad.

They make some great products.  I'd like to get a set for my Shelby GT500 one day.