We Ordered OURS! YEAH!!! WE GOT IT! WOOOT!!!!!

Edgieguy

"So we ordered out X-plan Edge yesterday. :shift:

We got a White Sand Limited AWD with Charcoal Interior, BAMR, and 20" wheels with the sport suspension, and all weather mats. We already have a portable sirus radio we can plug into the Sync system, Thankfully we're able to open and close a rear liftgate by ourselves, and we just bought a Tomtom GPS so there was nothing else for us to consider.

Pretty simple really, So I was really surprised that the dealer could not locate one close enough to North NJ to trade with another dealer???

Do you think there's any incentive for a dealer to order a vehicle rather then trade a dealer for one? Maybe they didnt even really check?

Now the wait has started.... :doh: "

YEAH!!!!!! 12/30/07 UPDATE>>>> WE GOT OUR EDGE LAST NIGHT! TOOK A LOT OF TIME IN THE DEALERSHIP BUT WE GOT HOME IN TIME TO WATCH THE GIANTS LOSE TO NEW ENGLAND! :wacko:

Drove around all day today showing family and friends and we LOVE the new Edge. What a cool vehicle. Its such a step up from our 2005 Escape XLT. So nice. Tomorrow ill get to report on the AWD traction of the Pirelli 20" tires on the slick slushy covered asphalt of Northern NJ.

Edited by Edgieguy

So we ordered out X-plan Edge yesterday. :shift:

We got a White Sand Limited FWD with Charcoal Interior, BAMR, and 20" wheels with the sport suspension, and all weather mats. We already have a portable sirus radio we can plug into the Sync system, Thankfully we're able to open and close a rear liftgate by ourselves, and we just bought a Tomtom GPS so there was nothing else for us to consider.

Pretty simple really, So I was really surprised that the dealer could not locate one close enough to North NJ to trade with another dealer???

Do you think there's any incentive for a dealer to order a vehicle rather then trade a dealer for one? Maybe they didnt even really check?

Now the wait has started.... :doh:

Good luck with your new Edge. I hope it comes in for you on the low end of of the "6-8 weeks". You're going to love your new vehicle. I promise.

So we ordered out X-plan Edge yesterday. :shift:

We got a White Sand Limited FWD with Charcoal Interior, BAMR, and 20" wheels with the sport suspension, and all weather mats. We already have a portable sirus radio we can plug into the Sync system, Thankfully we're able to open and close a rear liftgate by ourselves, and we just bought a Tomtom GPS so there was nothing else for us to consider.

Now the wait has started.... :doh:

Hi Edgieguy. :D X-Plan price is the same whether they have it in stock, trade with another Dealer, or Factory Order one. And trust me, they would rather have been able to have it in stock or trade, as then the sale would be closed faster.

As simple as your order may seem to you, it often is not as easy as we think. For example, it may be hard to find Edge's with the BAMR (an expensive option), 20 inch wheels (another expensive option), but without either or both the Sirius Radio or NAV system. Often times you will see either fully loaded models, or lower cost, soccer mom models (no 20 inch wheels). These are the easiest to sell, and the least likely to sit on the lot for a year.

My situation was much the same when I ordered my 2007 MKZ. We wanted the Alloy Metallic Clearcoat Paint, Light Stone with Dark Ebony Wood Interior, HID Headlamps, Cooled Seats and Chrome Wheels. But we did not want the NAV System, Moonroof or Sirius Radio. All of the in-stock vehicles were either fully loaded, or did not have the 3 options I wanted.

However, in my case, I did not care, as I was Factory Ordering, no matter what. I prefer a Factory Order to buying from the lot. In this way, the car comes in exactly as I want it, no extra options I did not want, no missing options, no settling for second choice colors. It arrives at the Dealership with my name on the Window Sticker and has not/will not be test driven by God-knows-who. Just my own personal choice, as I know others prefer to buy from the lot. To each his own, right?

Also, you can check Dealer Inventories yourself by going to LINK - FordDirect.com. Click on "Search Inventory" and follow the directions to search your local Dealers, or Dealers in any other ZIP Code you would like.

Anyway, best of luck with the new Edge! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

I know your pain.. I waited 6 weeks for mine.. incl a week when it sat at Ford Factory lot and I was only 20 minutes from the plant.

I have the creme brulee.. and I love it.. the white sand colour is very very sharp ...you made a great choice.

To ease your pain.. head over to www.blueovalforums.com - post your VIN (the dealer can provide you with yours) under vehicle locater by employee.. the very kind gentlemen can update your Edge's progress through production.

It's well worth the wait...

^ thats awesome....Im definitely going to get the VIN from the dealer so I can have someone track it. Im happy that we're getting our very own edge. Hope its not built on the day after the long Christmas weekend after the plants been shut down and everyones still hungover on Holiday cheer! LOL

When the sales guy checked dealers for trades he first had three that matched pretty closely, then we had lunch came back to sign on one of them and he said that none of the dealers would trade for XPlan because they lose money in the deal??? I think the manager just wanted the dealership to order and deliver one.

Edited by Edgieguy