New Edge...Old Ipod

Jim D

Recently purchased a 2008 Edge with Sirius radio,Sync and Nav system. I'm unable to get my iPod mini (I know it' s old and Christmas is coming...) playlists, songs or any text to display on my screen when it's playing. I've been to the Syncmyride website, have the Kensington type dual connector (USB to USB and aux line) they recommend using with the mini. My songs will play and I can control volume via steering wheel but no other functions work and no song, artist, etc text display. Noticed the same thing with a CD I burned...plays fine but no text display. Everything else (BT, radio, Nav) appears fine.

Is it time to retire my iPod mini or am I overlooking something VERY simple?

Thanks for any suggestions.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I have a Nano and basically gave up using it with my Edge. I went and bought a USB thumb drive and loaded all my ripped CDs to it. Works great and if it gets lost / stolen I won't lose sleep over $20.

What file format to you use to place them on the flash drive? I have an old iPod Shuffle and it doesn't work well with the Sync either. Flash Drives are cheap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Many iPods are supported by Sync, check out their support matrix at:

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/Comp...diaPlayers.aspx

Also, you shouldn't need a special cable if your iPod is supported, just the standard iPod USB cable. It charges and transfers music over the USB.

The USB + Line-In cables are for unsupported units. They charge via the USB/Dock connection and play music via Line-In.

I use my Gen. 4 60GB iPod classic in my MKX, and it works great.

The USB + Line-In cables are for unsupported units. They charge via the USB/Dock connection and play music via Line-In.

I use my Gen. 4 60GB iPod classic in my MKX, and it works great.

I had a Mini and the syncmyride site listing recommended the USB + Line-In cable for it. I went the usb stick route until I got my iPhone. Which is working great.

Bruce