My New 20"s. $1,100 w/tires!! Ride's 50% SMOOTHER & 30% quieter.

CliffsEdge

I leased the base SE at $800 under invoice for budgetary reasons. I didn't see the value, for my purposes, to bump to the SEL. The first to go were the lame 17" stocker wheels, plus Limo tint all the way around, and finally exhaust tips. As you can see, it changed the entire vehicle. It didn’t just improve it, it literally looks like a different vehicle. Originally, I was not happy that I have the black handles, mirrors and rear window brow, but once I blacked the windows out and put on the rims, it actually complimented the whole package. A guy at work has the same color SEL with stock chrome wheels, mine looks better because of the black accents.

I was skeptical about 22"s over 20"s and remembered the forum posters who got 22"s and said the ride suffered. Well as you can see, the 20"s look excellent and to my surprise, they ride much smoother and quieter than the stock 17"s. I attributed this to the 275/45/20 Nexen tires. I did a lot of research on the Chinese Nexens, because I replaced very expensive Run Flats on my 2007 Twin Turbo BMW. It was a big risk, so I researched the crap out of them. The Nexens were far superior in every aspect to the $350 (per tire) Bridgestone Potenzas I replaced. I never could break the Nexens loose, even in 100+ mph turns. (No exaggeration.) I rode them hard in the rain, etc. They are incredible. Those ran me $110 per tire at Tucker Tire in W. Covina. No issues of any kind.

So I attribute the quietness to the Nexen's more than the 20” size. It is unanimous among Nexen owners that they are about as silent as you can get. Anyway, I also researched the crap out of wheel packages, from Tire Rack, to every conceivable store, including Victoria Tire & Wheel, Pep Boys, Whittier Tint, etc. Salinas Tire simply blew their doors of with an OTD price of $1,300. That's TAX, lug nuts, mount, balance, strapping for the TPMS, everything. The tire and wheels ran $1,100. Try getting under $1,600 OTD anywhere with Chrome 8.5" wide wheels. Not going to happen. May places will try to give you 7.5 inch wide. You cannot mount very wide tires. I thought the 275’s would be too wide. Well, they border on too narrow when you see them. They look great from the back, but had I had a larger budget, I would have gone to a 10” wide wheel and 305’s or wider. Give that Fat Porsche look….

They had a huge selection of styles for the price; For $100 - $200 more, the selection pretty much included every style under the sun. These are VCT Spazios (Spaaaz Eee oh’s.)

Ask for the owner. The other guys will give you all sorts of prices, trying to make commissions or rip you off.

Salinas Tire and wheel

(562) 692-0091

10821 Whittier Blvd

Whittier, CA 90606

Pic One is stock wheels, stock exhaust tips. I promise to take High Res photos this week. I took these with my cell, late in the day. I know you'd all be pissed if I didn't post photos.

Please see my new pix in my gallery! The one's below are Cell cam pix.

Edited by CliffsEdge

no worries..some closer pics would be nice too. if possible

The tips are Single wall rolled, Silverline's. They are slash cut 4". I measured 4 1/4 x 3 x 3/4 for what it

its worth.

I believe the part is Silverline # TK4007 or part Silverline # TK4007S.

The photos I found of the part do not do it justice. The most accurate part photo is Silverline part # TK4510. You'll have to Google it.

They say Silverline on the top in etched letters. It looks really nice. They are stainless but look chrome. They are by far the nicest looking tips I saw at the muffler shop. I paid $80 installed for both.

I have always liked the spoke/basket style wheels. Looks sharp!

How much different do you think the Silverline's are to the "add-on option" chrome exhaust tips you can order. I have those and like the way they look.

Maybe some different angle/closer pictures of yours? It's hard to tell if there is any difference.

But..overall - I love the look. Very, very nice.

I would also like to see some close up shots of the tips.

I did a search with the part number you mentioned and it doesn't look anything like what you have.

I like the slash look with the sharp bevel polished interior.

Yours look like it is like that, but I can't be for sure without a close up.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

first, where in socal are you and where did you get your Edge... I am in SoCal also.

Second, what color is your Edge? White Sand or Creme Brulee - sorry, cannot tell? UPDATE.. I went to your gallery and now see it is Creme Brulee and looks sweet

third, that limo tint and front missing plate can get you into hot water here in SoCal... no tint on front and driver technically :) but I would do the same as i have limo tint on my current car and all cars prior. very nice... I would model my car after your look as I think it is tight. I might do darker wheels though, not sure yet how black rims would look on Creme Brulee.

also, did you get a correct part number for those tips as what you listed, as mentioned above, does not look the same for what you have.

last, did you do the hitch after market, or is that their overly pricing hitch package?

Edited by Lex Talionis

first, where in socal are you and where did you get your Edge... I am in SoCal also.

Second, what color is your Edge? White Sand or Creme Brulee - sorry, cannot tell? UPDATE.. I went to your gallery and now see it is Creme Brulee and looks sweet

third, that limo tint and front missing plate can get you into hot water here in SoCal... no tint on front and driver technically :) but I would do the same as i have limo tint on my current car and all cars prior. very nice... I would model my car after your look as I think it is tight. I might do darker wheels though, not sure yet how black rims would look on Creme Brulee.

also, did you get a correct part number for those tips as what you listed, as mentioned above, does not look the same for what you have.

last, did you do the hitch after market, or is that their overly pricing hitch package?

Limo Tint: Don't care. Newport Beach, every car has tint and the Police work for the residents here, as opposed to other cities, (where they thrash everyone that lives in the neighborhood.) The NB Police pull over junkers, transients, out-of-towners, etc., not the Lambos and Bentleys running around, whom will simply call their neighbor the Judge anyway, and report the officer for being an A Hole. There are simply too many extremely powerful homeowners/d business owners here, whom will literally end a cops career for hassling them. I routinely see Lambos GT3's running at 70 - 80 on Newport Coast drive, 55 through CDM, and roasting tires at Fashion Island. I'm very lucky. BUT I imagine small towns in the south and the mid west have to be pretty lenient as well.

Besides, tint is a fix it ticket. In Ca you don't have to actually get the infraction fixed. You can pay a higher fine and not fix it. Same as license plates. I have never removed tint from a vehicle in 30 years because of a ticket. End of Tint Rant.

License plates. 18 years without them on any car I have ever owned. I have dealer inserts. In this case I had a custom plate made that says Newport Beach Luxury Automobiles. (There is no such dealership.) Mounted on rear only. I've been pulled over twice in the years, it's a $15 fix it ticket, $100 if you pay the fine instead. I paid the fine once because my BMW didn't even have a place for a bracket to mount. No way I was going to butcher my twin turbo because of a cop. I told the judge that, so he said, here, "wanna pay $100 instead?" Yessir!

Here's the other side of the coin: Have license plates mounted and get a traffic camera ticket; pay $500 because the prick in front of you stopped in the middle of the intersection suddenly... or get a POSSIBLE $15 fix it ticket for not having plates.

Your choice would be?

The exhaust tips I got at Speedway Muffler in Rowland Heights. I don't know what the part number is, but he installed them both for $80 including labor.

Hitch I bought online for $140. See my link at Edge Forum Hitch: Thread for info

Edited by CliffsEdge

BTW, I think you mean "slant" cut and not "slash" cut....

I assume 4 1/4 x 3 x 3/4 means 4 1/4 in and 3 x 3/4 out? if not, what is the exhaust inlet size (size opening of your exhaust pipe on the edge or the tip) and the exhaust outlet size (the opening size of the tips you put on)?

might find these here: http://www.truckshop.com/home.php?cat=627&...on=0&page=1

Edited by Lex Talionis

BTW, I think you mean "slant" cut and not "slash" cut....

I assume 4 1/4 x 3 x 3/4 means 4 1/4 in and 3 x 3/4 out? if not, what is the exhaust inlet size (size opening of your exhaust pipe on the edge or the tip) and the exhaust outlet size (the opening size of the tips you put on)?

might find these here: http://www.truckshop.com/home.php?cat=627&...on=0&page=1

4 1/4 in x 3 x 3/4 is what I measured the outside edge of the tip, at the back. I have no idea what the stock pipe is, but they didn't modify anything to put them on.

Edited by CliffsEdge