I just drove a '11 SEL. I'm 6'4" - is it just me or is the legroom incredibly limited?

I put the seat all the way back and couldn't believe how cramped I still felt. I thought that with an SUV of that size the seat would go back further. Are they all like that? I've driven small cars (mine, for example) with WAY more legroom.. I love everything else about the Edge but that's crazy. Anyone else feel this way? Are other years better?

Edited by Mike Stevenson

I'm 6 foot tall and I my seat pulls forward at least 3 inches ever time I get into the car. But if my seat was way back the steering wheel doesnt telescope out far enough to make it comfortable. I guess any taller than 6 foot and you'll start to feel awkward. The seats are nice and wide though and plenty of room to spread out right to left.

I put the seat all the way back and couldn't believe how cramped I still felt. I thought that with an SUV of that size the seat would go back further. Are they all like that? I've driven small cars (mine, for example) with WAY more legroom.. I love everything else about the Edge but that's crazy. Anyone else feel this way? Are other years better?

Yes, legroom is less compared to many other cars, but there is a trick to get more legroom, set the seat lower. The power seat is designed in a way that when you lower the seat, it would actually go down at an angle (down & back), so for the most legroom, you need the seat to be at its lowest position.

Yes, legroom is less compared to many other cars, but there is a trick to get more legroom, set the seat lower. The power seat is designed in a way that when you lower the seat, it would actually go down at an angle (down & back), so for the most legroom, you need the seat to be at its lowest position.

I did try that. I played with all of the adjustments, and maxed out I couldn't stretch my legs out at all. Such a bummer. I love the car otherwise. It would be fine around town but I could only imagine doing a long road trip without being able to move my legs around. :(