I know a lot of people have converted their Edge's stock vertcal LED lights to better products that are brighter and function as turn signals. I own a 2013 SE that has no vertical fog lights, just plastic place holders.

I thought I would post here to see if anyone, who has replaced their stock fog lamps with upgraded ones, would like to get rid of their stock fog lamps. I'm just looking to dress up the front of my Edge a little. I don't need the expensive fancy lights at this point. The stock factory ones will do just fine.

Thanks,

Matt

I am not sure if I want to get rid of mine yet or not but even if someone did, have you checked to see if your car has the wiring for the lights already in place? I am not sure if they use the same wire harness on the SE or not so you will need to see if they are tied up in the area. If you don't already have the wiring, then you will also need to locate a connector pig tail for each light since you won't be getting this from someone that has replaced them.

If you buy Dan's DRL lights for example, the factory wiring isn't used so you don't need to worry about the factory wiring on an SE like yours. If you didn't want to spend the $200 (On sale right now) and you don't have the factory wiring in place, your best bet is to go to a junk yard and find them there. That way you can get the wiring with them and splice it into you running lights.

You can buy the lights new for $68 and change here but at that point, I would go with Dan's DRL's and you get a lot more for just a few bucks more.

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/auto-parts/2012/ford/edge/sel-trim/2-0l-l4-gas-engine/electrical-cat/park-lamps-scat

Here is the wire diagram if anyone wants to go this route.

post-32148-0-44191400-1420210111_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your responses. For some reason the forum didn't email me to let me know that there had been any replies. I just happened to check back here.

What is the best way to tell if my Edge has the wiring in place? Open up the fender well? Or is there an easier way?

Matt