Remote start & customize heated seat turn on

Refresh my memory... On MFT/MLT Ford has coded the remote start tied to climate control to 32 degrees... so when it is 33,34,35 etc. the heated seats & steering wheel do NOT come on...but it is still COLD & I would like them to come on ..I can live few with the extra gas used for those 5-10 minutes as a trade off for warm hands & seat.

Is there any way to change this? Can they dealer some how reset the code? If so - what would I need to request of them?

Edited by drpepper

CARR...yep past 4 years seems the owner has no option to customize & don't see where that is even an option on the new Sync 3.

I was hoping - after 4 + years of MFT/MLT being on market that someone saw a way for dealer to get access to some deep rooted menu & be able to change default setting.

As you know NEIGHBOR- Phila /Cherry hill area can have many a 33,34,35, or 36 degree mornings or even 5pm right before leave work- where it would be nice to remote start & have the heated steering wheel & seat engage. That wait till it is 32 sometimes just is too low a threshold

• Like 1

Just thinking out loud here. If the outside temperature sensor on the Edge is like the ones on a GM, it uses electrical resistance (OHMS) to convert into a degree reading on the dash board.

So if for instance the sensor reads 4000 ohms at 35 degrees, but 5000 ohms at 30 degrees, I wonder if you could some how trick it. Perhaps adding a 1000 ohm resister into the system so that it is always reading more ohms even when it should be reading less?

That way at 35 it would think it was 30 and would turn on the heated seats, etc.

I don't know if I explained it well enough to give you the general idea, but I know what I mean. :)