Do DRL's cause problems for A.M. HID's??

T-Lock

Hey Guys,

I am looking for a little help with my 2011 Ford Edge Limited. I would like to change the stock headlights over to HID's. I would like HID's for a couple of reasons: 1) I am not all that impressed with the stock lights at night and 2) it is personal preference. I have HID's on my truck and would like the wife to match. I think it is important to mention that while I have experience and backgrounds in several trades, auto mechanics is not one of them. That being said, I am having trouble figuring out what exactly I need and how I need to go about installing HID's. I have read that some people used a 9006 bulb with wiring harness from DDM Tuning and capacitor. I have also called DDM Tuning. They recommend I purchase a "wiring harness, capacitor, and bulb kit based on OEM specs". So, I ended up purchasing a 9006 55w HID Kit with wiring harness and anti-flicker capacitors. (Still waiting for kit to arrive) Am I on the right track??

I have one major concern, the daytime running lights. I was curious about this so I took my wife's Edge to a local mechanic and he told me "you can't put HID's on this vehicle". He said it was due to the DRL's. He also said there was not an option in the computer to turn off the DRL's.... This goes against what I have read on other forums. So....long story short, I am very confused!! This is very frustrating as I simply want to switch the headlights out. My truck was not near this complex....Any help or insight would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!