Sony upgrade in SEL?

I am currently edge shopping and have noticed that if you do not get the upgraded sony audio system that the dash under MFT is a very cheap bland looking set up compared to sony set up. So my question is if i buy an edge without the sony set up, is it possible to swap in the sony panel controls even if i dont buy all the speakers right away? IMO the sony set up gives the interior a nicer finish.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Edited by Tjames557

Doubtful. At least not without a lot of work and extra parts. Why not just get the Sony?

Well trust me I want it, however I'm buying used so if i can find a good deal that is significantly cheaper enough to justify living without it I'm willing to compromise. I just wanted to know ahead of time so I can consider my options. I appreciate the reply.

Shopping tonight so hopefully tomorrow I will have an EDGE. I have been following these forums for a while, seems like alot of good info, ideas and people on here. Cant wait to be a part of the community!

Edited by Tjames557

If you had to buy all the parts new then it would likely be more than the difference in price between an SEL an Limited. I am sure it is possible if you wanted to spend the money to replace everything but probably not cost effective unless you found a donor car and got everything really cheap.

I was in your position and ended up getting an SEL. Replacing the speakers was the first step and made a big difference. I will slowly upgrade the system and happy I have my SEL.

Edited by chipworkz

If you had to buy all the parts new then it would likely be more than the difference in price between an SEL an Limited. I am sure it is possible if you wanted to spend the money to replace everything but probably not cost effective unless you found a donor car and got everything really cheap.

I was in your position and ended up getting an SEL. Replacing the speakers was the first step and made a big difference. I will slowly upgrade the system and happy I have my SEL.

Thanks for the advise! I have seen some threads on here about the stock speakers and how terrible they are so I'll plan on replacing them. I have an 06 F-150 supercrew that i replaced the speakers in for the same reason. Unfortunately i just blew the motor in her, so im going for an Edge this time.

What I really want is the vista roof package, thats my main goal! Getting ready to empty the wallet tonight :spend:

Good luck on your hunt! I got my fully loaded SEL with only 10,800 miles on it for a couple thousand cheaper than I was finding base Limited's for so it was a no brainier for me. The Vista roof is really nice and I use it way more than any sun roof we have had in the past.

Thank you! And good to know. I am finding the same with some online research. Went and looked at a few after work. Going to look at a few in the afternoon tomorrow and I will make a decision. So many choices, so little time