Text messages with MFT ( iphone 6)

Hello all, Ive done some research and only found info on iphone 5 stuff. I have a '13 edge with MFT/nav and my phone ( iPhone 6 ) syncs fine, plays music, makes/receives calls fine. BUT when i hit the messages tab, it tells me that " the connected device does not support messaging via bluetooth". There has to be a setting im missing right? hard to believe that it does everything else except messaging. Anyone else with an iPhone 6 have this problem??

thanks in advance!

Edited by Tjames557

Make sure you turn on "show notifications" under settings > Bluetooth > sync

You might have to disconnect and reconnect your phone in the MFT

Thank you! that solved 75% of my problem. turned on "show notification" from my phone as it was off, disconnected from sync and reconnected and it worked. Tested it with my work phone......It pops up on screen, it will read it to me and i can view it. But now as you can see in the pics below it does not give me the option to reply or dial! another setting im missing??? BTW sorry for the glare, parked outside in the sun!

IMG_1073.jpgIMG_1072.jpg

Edited by Tjames557

The "Hey Siri" as mentioned works if plugged in. If NOT plugged in, just 1 quick press & hold on the bottom button of iphone activates Siri.

I keep phone in the tray below console. I receive a text. If not plugged in - one reach with eyes still on road & press & then I say reply to text...Siri prompts

what do you want to say... I dictate message- pause - Siri says do you want me to send it- I say yes... Done!!

MFT & MLT NEVER worked for the reply to text for MOST phones - Especially the iphones.. Many that had some luck with a non iphone didn't like the "canned" messages & the not so consumer friendly way of changing the canned messages with your own customized caned messages. Many also complained with the FORCED Ford signature tag line after your message that you could not remove.

Agree with above. Most short reply. If requires more thought- even with speech- a quick turn down a side street...compose- send- & then back on main road in less a minute keeps you & others safe..... I sets example for the kids that are watching my every move.

• Like 1

The only issue is that long pauses will trigger Siri to stop listening and ask if your ready to send the message. I try to keep it short and to the point....most of the time my reply is OK I'm driving right now. Hehe

Ya i do the same. Its mostly for work while im driving and im usually running late so I try to make a quick reply but refuse to physically pick up my phone... its not worth dying for work!

The "Hey Siri" as mentioned works if plugged in. If NOT plugged in, just 1 quick press & hold on the bottom button of iphone activates Siri.

I keep phone in the tray below console. I receive a text. If not plugged in - one reach with eyes still on road & press & then I say reply to text...Siri prompts

what do you want to say... I dictate message- pause - Siri says do you want me to send it- I say yes... Done!!

MFT & MLT NEVER worked for the reply to text for MOST phones - Especially the iphones.. Many that had some luck with a non iphone didn't like the "canned" messages & the not so consumer friendly way of changing the canned messages with your own customized caned messages. Many also complained with the FORCED Ford signature tag line after your message that you could not remove.

Agree with above. Most short reply. If requires more thought- even with speech- a quick turn down a side street...compose- send- & then back on main road in less a minute keeps you & others safe..... I sets example for the kids that are watching my every move.

Good to know. I did notice the canned messages when I was looking around. That would have been annoying and i probably would have ended up not using it anyway. But thank you for the info.

Wait - you can just say Hey Siri if the phone is plugged into USB and it works?

YES! However you have to turn the setting on through settings>siri> hey siri. Its not flawless though, ive had my phone plugged in at night and while having a convo with the girlfriend, it somehow thinks ive said "hey siri" when I havent said either of those words. But other than that its a great feature for times when you are driving or have your hands full

Edited by Tjames557