Dashcams. Who has one and why?

I utilize a Blackbox HD dashcam. The suction cup mounting failed within 8 months so I bought all weather double sided sticky tape and it stays mounted on my front windsheild pretty good. I use it running 5 min continous loops while driving. The formated video is MOV which causes me some headaches as I have to convert the files if I choose to use them on youtube or anything else. The camera is set a 720p as this seems to give me the detail I want with the maximum run time I like on the 32gig micro sdhc card. Overall it works allright but the screen has failed now so I can not adjust it. It still records so I just keep using it. A replacement is soon to be obtained in the near future.

I actually just got a Blackbox cam as well but it was dead out of the box. Its replacement should be here early next week. As for why... Well, the only reason I'm on the Edge forums is because my Escape (Hybrid) was totaled after a lady took a left hand turn in front of me. While she was honest and there were plenty of witnesses to acquit me, it made me realize I should have anything available to cover myself in case something similar happens again.

• Like 1

I have one for accidents as well. Before my Edge got here, I was involved in 2 accidents, neither my fault. So when our Edge arrived, we used some of our "Sorry" money from the insurance companies to get and install a front and rear blackbox.

I have the iRoad V7. Here is the thread I started on it with pics:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17122-black-box-iroad-t7/?p=123087