Getting ready

J0J0

Well, the time is starting to draw closer for when I will be relocating to Florida. Had the Edge on the lift for an oil change and general inspection. I still have to install the Class 3 hitch, HD trans cooler and wiring this weekend. I'm not liking the rust on the drive shaft and exhaust. The vehicle isn't even 1 year old. It's all surface crap anyway, but still not appealing to the eye. :gaah:

gallery_31460_642_115657.jpg

gallery_31460_642_44657.jpg

gallery_31460_642_26243.jpg

gallery_31460_642_661760.jpg

gallery_31460_642_29481.jpg

Eek! The exhaust should be T304, and the driveshaft would be chromeplated or carbonfiber if I had my way. Nobody looks under their vehicles on a regular basis, so most times, nothing is done about it, probably de facto standard for the industry.

Love your setup, BTW, what exactly is it? Must come in handy for your car collection :)

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

It's a Bendpak HD9ST. Medium duty rating for about 8000 lbs. The garage was added to the house about 6 years ago. When my dad first bought the house, it was a typical 60's style ranch with a one car garage that could barely fit my Tahoe in it. We closed off the original garage to make it a work shop. The new garage is a 30x30 work area with 18' ceilings to accommodate the lift. We wanted to put a second lift but it would be too crowded. The bandpass we have now can be moved if the casters are placed in then lowered all the way to make it raise itself and moveable. Instead we went with a scissor lift on the other side for brakes and other things that just required the car to be raised about waist height.

Right now, it's just the Z06, the Impala SS and the 72 LeMans that stay in there. Everything is outside under a weather proof cover and parked off to the side. Hard to explain but I'll show in a pic if I could find one. I'm going to miss my babies when I move to Florida next week. Once I find a house down there that suits my needs (or build one), the cars will follow me down.

Eek! The exhaust should be T304, and the driveshaft would be chromeplated or carbonfiber if I had my way. Nobody looks under their vehicles on a regular basis, so most times, nothing is done about it, probably de facto standard for the industry.

Out of sight, out of mind. Most people don't get a chance to see under their car, you are right. Every one of my RWD cars has rust on the driveshaft. I was just caught off guard when I saw the Edge's underbelly. I'm so tempted to remove it and refinish it and place rust inhibitors and repaint BUT I don't want to do anything to it physically and risk affecting the balance of the drive shaft.

• Like 1