struggle to start when cold 2013 3.5l

Nobby_74

Can you put up a video or audio? Is it slow to crank, or does the idle rpm run low, or ...? By "cold" do you mean temperatures are low, or just that the engine is at ambient or both?

Usually thick oil or weak battery are the primary culprits. If the camshaft position sensor is failing, it will also struggle, but eventually start. If there are misfires (too early for that), can struggle. Bad fuel might do it. Starter issues. Loose cabling between battery/starter/alternator.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2013 edge limited with 40k km and recently its been struggling to start when the engine sits over night. The dealership saw nothing wrong and wants me to leave it over night again. Has anybody else come across this scenario?

I'll get a case into the hands of your regional customer service manager, Nobby_74. All I'll need to get started is a private message with your full name, VIN, servicing dealership, and best daytime contact number. I'll get the ball rolling!

Brittany

• Like 1