Price discrepancy on an option...

On my Vehicle Order Confirmation printout it has the retail price for every item I added next to the X-Plan price. Each lines up to be about 85% of retail.

BUT, on the Ford website, the side of every Edge, in their print literature at the dealer it shows the Panoramic roof (43p) as 1395 retail. My X-Plan invoice lines up with every single retail price in all those above mentioned places on all items I added BUT on the roof. My X-Plan shows the retail as 1495. How is this possible when published price is 1395 everywhere?? Why is this 1 item changed?

is it possible for a dealer to do this on the down-low?

On my Vehicle Order Confirmation printout it has the retail price for every item I added next to the X-Plan price. Each lines up to be about 85% of retail.

BUT, on the Ford website, the side of every Edge, in their print literature at the dealer it shows the Panoramic roof (43p) as 1395 retail. My X-Plan invoice lines up with every single retail price in all those above mentioned places on all items I added BUT on the roof. My X-Plan shows the retail as 1495. How is this possible when published price is 1395 everywhere?? Why is this 1 item changed?

is it possible for a dealer to do this on the down-low?

Hi Lex. :D See my other reply to this question. In addition, I checked the Ford website for the "Build Your Vehicle" price, and the retail price of the Panoramic Roof is shown as $1,395.

Best thing you can do is call or visit the Dealer and ask why there is a price discrepancy.

Let us know what they say.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Ford made a price change and the web site just hasn't caught up yet. You can find a unit in inventory at the old price or order at the new price. The official price is what is on the VOC or invoice - not on the web.

Hi Grey! :D Thank you for that confirmation. There you go Lex! As we speculated in one of your othr posts, looks like a small price increase.

still not 100% sure on that as in the other post he says "Price level 815 which was effective 6/6/07 shows the BAMR at $1395. I don't have the latest prices but I can surmise that the base price went up and the BAMR increased by $100."

so it still seems like a guess (surmise) and not official and no official date of when it went in effect if that is in fact the case.

still not 100% sure on that as in the other post he says "Price level 815 which was effective 6/6/07 shows the BAMR at $1395. I don't have the latest prices but I can surmise that the base price went up and the BAMR increased by $100."

so it still seems like a guess (surmise) and not official and no official date of when it went in effect if that is in fact the case.

Hi Lex. :D Just as an FYI. The moderators always ask that Forum members avoid creating multiple posts concerning the same question.

I think you now have at least 3 posts asking the same thing. It is also confusing for those of us trying to help you. :banghead: How about closing out a few of them, and keeping this all in one post?

Also, we are nicely trying to tell you that your VOC pricing is correct, but if you still have doubts, ask the Dealer, or continue to check the Ford website for the pricing update.

Edited by bbf2530

thanks for the concern. My topic(s) - if you really review them - started and cover several different things originally and, as the nature of conversation and life takes twists and turns - converge on some things. Some were straight questions started, some were others that evolved into a similar topic. not my plan or goal, such is the way of conversing as things twist and turn, etc.

it is of no never mind to me if someone combines threads/topics and what not if it is that big a deal. But, just because you and I are heavy into these several topics does not mean the next guy is and when he reads a topic title A it might pull him in as of interest of relevance to him while another B may not. yes, in this case they might converge in places, but they were all started for various reasons and 1 key question deep in one only a few of us are reading might get a better answer - which it did in this case - by someone who comes across a thread title they were interested in and participate at that level.

How many times can we tell you that when the vehicle is delivered there will be an official dealer invoice and on that invoice will be a box showing the X plan price. If you're using a X plan PIN then that is the price you'll pay - period. Or you won't be using the PIN. There is no negotiation. You can negotiate other things like wheels, etc.

Posting the same question in 6 different topics on 2 different websites will not help anyone.

I did not ask you to tell me again. you elected to mention it again. long ago I understood - as I have written - but you seem to more repeat than I do. As a matter of fact, you just laid out the same stuff - by your own choice - again and it still does not answer my main current question. So let me restate it so you get it:

can any one definitively say a price increase went into effect on base model cost and vista roof? no guess, no surmise, you know for sure and when?

did you get that? that is the current question.

what you posted is old news to me and you just keep repeating it.

it seems people need to better read the threads and see how conversations twist and turn. I am not asking for the same info over and over, you guys are opting to give me the same info over and over like I am so dumb I did not get it. I have more specific questions, but I get the same general answer. again. as though I did not get it the first time. so, I must follow up at times.

As well, a follow up question to a comment/answer does not mean you did not get the original answer... it means it raised a separate question.

now, before you go spouting off about me posting on several different websites the same question - which is not cool to point a finger like that like I did something wrong: 1. who really cares dude? 2. who would know the same people visit here and there. there is as much chance a person hangs here but not there and vise versa. 3. the question on the other forum was specific to X-Plan and since I got my X-Plan data there, I went back to X-Plan experts to get an answer. a totally logical thing to do and also notice most of what I ask here are more general questions...

Edited by Lex Talionis

I did not ask you to tell me again. you elected to mention it again. long ago I understood - as I have written - but you seem to more repeat than I do. As a matter of fact, you just laid out the same stuff - by your own choice - again and it still does not answer my main current question. So let me restate it so you get it:

can any one definitively say a price increase went into effect on base model cost and vista roof? no guess, no surmise, you know for sure and when?

did you get that? that is the current question.

what you posted is old news to me and you just keep repeating it.

it seems people need to better read the threads and see how conversations twist and turn. I am not asking for the same info over and over, you guys are opting to give me the same info over and over like I am so dumb I did not get it. I have more specific questions, but I get the same general answer. again. as though I did not get it the first time. so, I must follow up at times.

As well, a follow up question to a comment/answer does not mean you did not get the original answer... it means it raised a separate question.

now, before you go spouting off about me posting on several different websites the same question - which is not cool to point a finger like that like I did something wrong: 1. who really cares dude? 2. who would know the same people visit here and there. there is as much chance a person hangs here but not there and vise versa. 3. the question on the other forum was specific to X-Plan and since I got my X-Plan data there, I went back to X-Plan experts to get an answer. a totally logical thing to do and also notice most of what I ask here are more general questions...

EDIT - Hi Lex. I was typing the response below at the same time as you were typing your last post in your other thread, so had not yet read or replied to it. That last post in your other thread was helpful, so I think we all understand the situation now. Again, Lex, I would be happy to help you whenever I can. Good luck! :beerchug:

Hi Lex. I have been nothing but helpful, friendly and polite to you, so I would now ask you to please step back and take a deep breath before you type any more. I am not sure if you are directing your answer at me, but either way, you are beginning to cross the line of civility. We are here to help people, on our own time, so please keep it polite.

We perfectly understand your questions. We are the "Experts" (your words not mine) that you are referring to. You are not understanding the answers, or are looking for more information/reassurance than we can give.

Your "VOC" pricing sheet is correct, and all you need to do at this point is double check it against the "Factory Invoice" when your Edge comes in.

All we are adding is, if you don't believe us, just go ask your Dealer.

Please keep it polite, okay?

Edited by bbf2530

How many times can we tell you that when the vehicle is delivered there will be an official dealer invoice and on that invoice will be a box showing the X plan price. If you're using a X plan PIN then that is the price you'll pay - period. Or you won't be using the PIN. There is no negotiation. You can negotiate other things like wheels, etc.

Posting the same question in 6 different topics on 2 different websites will not help anyone.

Yeah, Lex is wearing thin...

Hi all. :D Lex has stated in his other thread that he understands where things went wrong here.

So, of course it is up to all of you, but maybe we can give him a break (and a second chance), and let it ride for now? Heck, it is still the Holiday Season, right?

Happy Hew Year everyone! :beerchug: