Horray! I'm in now too...

Jimibigguns

Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow Ford Edge owners out there.

I'm proud to say that I just purchased a lightly used (6400 miles) 2007 Ford Edge SEL. It is charcoal gray with camel leather interior. Power seats...dimming rear-view mirror...6 disc CD changer...niiice.

I did ALOT of research on CUV's and the Edge was just hands down the best. After a test drive I was totally hooked!

I'm from Connecticut, and drove almost 2 hours to Rhode Island to pick this bad boy up...but it was totally worth it. The price was a steal...the vehicle is mint...and I'm happier than a pig in poop!

Just wanted to share in the excitment of being an Edge owner.

Jim

post-2549-1199728755_thumb.jpg

post-2549-1199728764_thumb.jpg

post-2549-1199728769_thumb.jpg

Congrats and Welcome to the forum.

I know you will enjoy your Edge. My wife got the MKX and after driving it I decided on the Edge for me. Both are great vehicles. In the past 42 years we have had over 110 new vehicles and these are among the best we have owned and leased. :happy feet:

Keep us informed of your experiences. Most of us want this to be an owner friendly environment. There are very few knuckleheads that think we visit here for the amusing anecdotes and barbs they can deliver. At least it's not like the Camaro/Mustang forums (yet). :finger:

Edited by Grey

BTW...how many miles do you have on your edge? What model/options do you have? Any issues/problems to speak of? Hope not!

Jim

Just turned over 500 miles on the Edge - almost 3,000 on the MKX.

No issues on either. Tried the hypermiler techniques going to my dealership last week (to visit) - 40 miles on highway at 55 mph and got 29.6 mpg. I think by Spring when I'm ready for a full raod trip 1,000 miles each way. I'll get very high 20's on the road. Getting 21 Mpg overall - but mostly stop and go.

Love both vehicles. The 2007 Edge is an SEL+ with back up sensors, memory seat, audio system with Sirius, cargo management, 18" wheels, leather, etc. Did not get the BAMR, DVD or Navigation. We bought the Edge and leased the MKX - we'll decide in another 18 months which to keep and which to let our son buy from us -(they love them also.)

Just turned over 500 miles on the Edge - almost 3,000 on the MKX.

No issues on either. Tried the hypermiler techniques going to my dealership last week (to visit) - 40 miles on highway at 55 mph and got 29.6 mpg. I think by Spring when I'm ready for a full raod trip 1,000 miles each way. I'll get very high 20's on the road. Getting 21 Mpg overall - but mostly stop and go.

Love both vehicles. The 2007 Edge is an SEL+ with back up sensors, memory seat, audio system with Sirius, cargo management, 18" wheels, leather, etc. Did not get the BAMR, DVD or Navigation. We bought the Edge and leased the MKX - we'll decide in another 18 months which to keep and which to let our son buy from us -(they love them also.)

I have been a GM guy all my life, I'm 58. That is until I bought a 2007 SEL+.

I now have 1600 miles on it with zero complaints. I cant wait to drive it. Almost

makes me feel like a kid again. Hope the feeling continues. Good luck

Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow Ford Edge owners out there.

I'm proud to say that I just purchased a lightly used (6400 miles) 2007 Ford Edge SEL. It is charcoal gray with camel leather interior. Power seats...dimming rear-view mirror...6 disc CD changer...niiice.

I did ALOT of research on CUV's and the Edge was just hands down the best. After a test drive I was totally hooked!

I'm from Connecticut, and drove almost 2 hours to Rhode Island to pick this bad boy up...but it was totally worth it. The price was a steal...the vehicle is mint...and I'm happier than a pig in poop!

Just wanted to share in the excitment of being an Edge owner.

Jim

Jim,

I've always wanted to feel what it feels like to be happier than a pig in poop! Please...describe! *lol*

Hey, BIG congrats to you! She's a beauty!!!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

And the pig in poop comment...that's just a little something I picked up awhile back. I reserve the expression for times when I'm really, really happy. The Edge makes me feel that way!

And Grey...sounds like your riding in style with the SEL Plus. All those extras must make for a very comfy ride.

Anyone have pics of their Edge's they can point me too. It's always nice to compare notes.

The only thing I may want to do to my Edge is tint out the front 2 windows and add a bumper guard on the back. I'm a DJ on the weekends and all the bumps of my gear across that back end will definitely do some damage!

Again...thanks guys!

Jim

Hi Jim,

welcome to the Edge group ! My husband and I just bought a 2008 edge limited awd vapor silver with sync, navigation, power liftgate and vista roof and it

drives like a dream. I really love this car. We live in Washington state and it handles really great on our rainy wet roads. Haven't had this much fun since I had

a BMW years ago. Once in awhile I let my husband drive it! Enjoy.

ttbear

Will do...thanks for the tip GMan...

And TT Bear...that's very impressive about the Edge riding comparable to a BMW. Same fun for half the price! Sounds like your ride is all hooked up to. The one thing I wish I had was a power lift gate. Oh...and memory seats would have been nice too...my faince and I are always swapping cars and she's so short that I have to readjust everything every time I get in. Small price to pay I guess.

Jim