Want to lower my edge

Hey all! So I know this topic has been beat to death but I I'm wanting to lower my 07 edge. Now I don't want to lower it just for looks, but for sport. I live in Wyoming/northern Colorado and we love to go up in the mountains. Now since we have 2 cars and my edge is fwd, I figured I'd make it more twistie friendly and keep the subaru stock since it's not a wrx. I plan on going to 19 inch wheels with a lower profile tire. I know there are a few lowering springs out but it doesn't look like they really lower the edge much. Are there any interchangeable parts from other fords that will work on the edge like mustang stuff? I want this thing to hug the curves or at least have much less body roll.

Just bought a discontinued Steeda rear sway bar on ebay within minutes of reading this post. Steeda discontinued this part some time ago and I've been looking for one ever since.

20"s with H&R springs is pretty sticky and significantly reduces body roll over stock. I'll report on what the fatter sway bar does. Wondering now if oversteer will become an issue. Nothing like a loose tail in the rain.

I hope I can find a deal like that. I got a hell of a deal on a set of the 22's off the mkZ all polished unlike the edge sport with the black inserts. I'm hoping with the hnr springs and maybe some spring clamps I can get the low i want. The 22's are nice and wide so with some good tires I should stick pretty well. Fingers crossed lol

Well the sway bar makes the Edge grip the corners even better! A noticeable decrease in body roll over stock. The stock diameter was 23mm, the Steeda diameter is 25mm. The Steeda bar weighs in at 14 lbs. I still need to weigh the stock bar, but it is much lighter and feels hollow or thinner compared to the Steeda.

I would stay away from the spring clamps. Stick with the H&R or the Eibach spring kits. Much safer that way.

Now to find the tower brace.

Have fun.

• Like 1