2015 My Ford Touch Upgradable ?

Hi all, I went from a 2008 Edge that I loved to a 2013 Escape that I liked.

I'm looking at the 2015 Edge, the only thing holding me make is the info system. It looks like the new 2015 Edge is using the same technology as my Escape, it works good enough but has problems. It is updated to the latest version.

I've read Ford is replacing this system with a new one, I was wondering if the old system they are using in the 2015 Edge will be upgraded?

It seems the Ford has abanded the system in my 2013 (no updates in over a year) and I would hate to have a end of life system installed in my new 2015 limited Edge.

Any input would be great.

Thank you

Lenny

There will probably be a version of the sync3 software for MFT vehicles but it won't have all of the functionality due to the hardware. It should be possible to swap the hardware too but it will be enormously expensive, if it's that important wait for the 2016.

First not an expert, and I can not speak to upgrades to sync 2.

But reading some articles of sync2 verses sync3, because of different hardware it sound like it would be almost impossible to upgrade the sync2 hardware to run the sync3 OS.

Here is a article I found that explains the differences. http://www.cnet.com/news/ford-sync-3-announced/

With these sync differences and the issue that adaptive cruise will not be available until Sept, I like you am looking to buy a Edge, but I will wait for the 2016 version which from what I have read on this forum the 2016 will have sync3.

Edited by punch-card