Cooled Seats

Has anybody tried the cooled seats in their new Edge? I find that the seat bottom gets quite cool quickly but the seat back doesn't seem to cool at all. Yesterday I had to turn the seats down because the seat bottom was too cold but my back was still hot. I tried looking in the manual but it didn't indicate what part of the seat is cooled. Is it just the bottom? The entire seat has perforations so I was hoping the lower back would be cooled as well.

Both the seat cushion and back portion are heated and cooled. It's mearly the design that makes the seat backs not as effective in getting as cool. It's difficult to get any significant amount of air into the seat back portion for the fans to blow. The seat cushion however is completly open underneath so it gets all the air it can handle. It's similar in other Ford models where the back does not feel as cool. My '13 Flex was the same way. I do agree that the seat bottom does get cold really quickly and needs to be turned down.

Unfortunately, like what others said, you'll barely feel the cooled back. Though the heated function can be felt during the winter.

I researched this for my MKX, & found the same common complaint on most Ford/Lincoln vehicle with cooled seats. To confirm that the is actually cooled, check the spar parts & diagrams & they would confirm the presence of a seat & back (2 different) cooling/heating devices. It seems, in my opinion, the weaker cooling of the back is either due the seat air filter being at the bottom (farther from the back module) or it might be designed that way as a persons back can easily hurt from cold air especially after sweating.