P1450 Ford - Unable to Bleed Up Bleed Fuel Tank Vacuum

babyblue2012

Symptoms - Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) Possible causes - Blocked EVAP canister or vent solenoid - Kinked or collasped hose between canister and fuel tank - Faulty Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) sensor - Fuel filler cap stuck closed, preventing vacuum relief Description The Engine Control module (ECM) monitors the fuel vapor vacuum and pressure in the fuel tank. System failure occurs when the evaporative emission (EVAP) running loss monitor detects excessive fuel tank vacuum with the engine running, but not at idle. When is the code detected? Engine Control module (ECM) running system monitor and detected excessive vacuum in the fuel tank/EVAP system

After going to a second ford dealer in my area they scanned for any error codes and fixed my problem under warranty. They changed the Blocked EVAP canister and all this with no appt.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting this same code on my 2008 Ford Edge, the code was read for us at Auto Zone. I'm reading that it may be due to a simple gas cap problem, also had a friend tell me that the fuel tank pressure sensor may have been "poisoned" (his word) with gasoline, and that the problem will clear up in a week or two on its own. I've tried resetting the gas cap securely (it was definitely loose) and restarting the vehicle about 8 times to see if the code would clear on its own, but it hasn't. If it WAS the gas cap, will the code clear on its own, or does it need to be reset using the reader? And was I given good advice regarding the potential cause being a poisoned fuel tank pressure sensor? Should I want a couple of weeks before bringing it in. Obviously, I'm trying to avoid paying $130 for the diagnostic reading at the dealer if possible, but don't want to wait and damage the vehicle through inaction. Thanks!