Ford Edge Questions if someone might know..

npggirl

Hi, if anyone could help me with these questions it would be great...

1. Okay, on the FORD site, when you download the online brochure, it shows that there is an option for DVD screens to be put in the back of the headrests that way you can have the vista roof and the dvd. However, when you try to "build and price your edge" it does not give that option. Does anyone know what the deal is???

2. I have heard on other sites that there is a "white chocolate" color option??? But I have not seen this as an option on the website or anywhere else either...Can anyone shed some light on this also?

3. For those of you who know....If you get the 18" rims...and the tires are bigger, does it make your MPG worse?

Okay...lots of questions...

Thanks for ANY help I can get on these...

:reading:

Regarding the DVD in the headrest, this is a dealer installed option. Not factory installed. So you have to ask the dealer about it at order time.

18" wheels won't affect gas mileage. Overall height is about the same as the 17" rims. The tire has a shorter sidewall to compensate. If you'd noticed anything, it would be a slightly harsher ride because of the sidewalls. But I asked a couple of guys here that test drove the Edge with 18's, and they didn't think it was harsh.

I thought the white chocolate was the Lincoln. Creme Brulee is the closest on the Edge.

Regarding the DVD in the headrest, this is a dealer installed option. Not factory installed. So you have to ask the dealer about it at order time.

18" wheels won't affect gas mileage. Overall height is about the same as the 17" rims. The tire has a shorter sidewall to compensate. If you'd noticed anything, it would be a slightly harsher ride because of the sidewalls. But I asked a couple of guys here that test drove the Edge with 18's, and they didn't think it was harsh.

I thought the white chocolate was the Lincoln. Creme Brulee is the closest on the Edge.

Ahhh, so the DVD thing is dealter installed? This explains it. Does this mean all dealers do this, or only some? ??

And yeah, I thought the white choc was for the MKX also...but I had seen two people say something about the edge and white chocolate color...SO, I am glad you are thinking the same thing I am...

I would love to see the creme brulee in person! I love white...and since there is no actual white I was checking out the creme brulee........but the orage is awesome also...

thanks for the answers!!!!!

Ahhh, so the DVD thing is dealter installed? This explains it. Does this mean all dealers do this, or only some? ??

And yeah, I thought the white choc was for the MKX also...but I had seen two people say something about the edge and white chocolate color...SO, I am glad you are thinking the same thing I am...

I would love to see the creme brulee in person! I love white...and since there is no actual white I was checking out the creme brulee........but the orage is awesome also...

thanks for the answers!!!!!

Wht.choc. is available on expedition not edge.

Looked at a creme brulee---leaned more toward a beige color to me

18" rims will actually decrease your gas mileage slightly, due to the increased rolling mass.

Ughhh..so it does? About how much, do you know? I want 18's BUT, goodness knows I want decent gas mileage..

Has anyone seen the 17's vs the 18's?

Which looked better???

I like the chrome 18's...I just dont know if I could settle for the non chrome 17's...

Hmmmm...something to ponder!

:doh:

Ughhh..so it does? About how much, do you know? I want 18's BUT, goodness knows I want decent gas mileage..

Has anyone seen the 17's vs the 18's?

Which looked better???

I like the chrome 18's...I just dont know if I could settle for the non chrome 17's...

Hmmmm...something to ponder!

:doh:

Personally, I don't think the rim size will matter that much. Not on a 4400lb car. I'd be surprised if you could actually even mathmatically measure any difference between 17's and 18's.

Personally, I don't think the rim size will matter that much. Not on a 4400lb car. I'd be surprised if you could actually even mathmatically measure any difference between 17's and 18's.

I don't know for a fact but I'm pretty sure that the tire diameter on both the 17" rim and the 18" rim are identical so the mileage should be the same or pretty close. I got the painted 18" rims because i didn't 100% care for the chrome. I actually think there is less aluminum on the 18" Painted over the 17" painted or about the same. Why do I think that? Because the 17" rim seems to have much more aluminum on the face of the wheel. Does anyone actually have the weight of the rims?

Bill

I don't know for a fact but I'm pretty sure that the tire diameter on both the 17" rim and the 18" rim are identical so the mileage should be the same or pretty close. I got the painted 18" rims because i didn't 100% care for the chrome. I actually think there is less aluminum on the 18" Painted over the 17" painted or about the same. Why do I think that? Because the 17" rim seems to have much more aluminum on the face of the wheel. Does anyone actually have the weight of the rims?

Bill

The 17" vs 18" thing is more about acceleration that MPG. It will cost you a few 100th of a second in 0-60 and maybe a 0.05 sec in the 1/4 mile. I doubt it would affect gas milage enough to measure in a single tank fill...

The resistance to acceleration is cause by the fact that a larger wheel increase the moment of inertia ( actually the radius of gyration ) of the wheel. Put simply, it moves more weigh to the outside of the wheel/tire combo and makes it harder for the engine to accelerate the vehicle because it takes a little more torque to overcome the extra inertia.

Unless you are really into drag racing, get the 18" wheels you like....

The 17" vs 18" thing is more about acceleration that MPG. It will cost you a few 100th of a second in 0-60 and maybe a 0.05 sec in the 1/4 mile. I doubt it would affect gas milage enough to measure in a single tank fill...

The resistance to acceleration is cause by the fact that a larger wheel increase the moment of inertia ( actually the radius of gyration ) of the wheel. Put simply, it moves more weigh to the outside of the wheel/tire combo and makes it harder for the engine to accelerate the vehicle because it takes a little more torque to overcome the extra inertia.

Unless you are really into drag racing, get the 18" wheels you like....

thanks to all of you who have answered....

:yup:

thanks to all of you who have answered....

:yup:

I have not compared prices on 17" vs 18" tires but I think the 18's are bit more expensive. I would guess that you may detect a slight difference in the ride and maybe handling in the 18" wheels and they sure do fill up the large wheels better! So if styling is your priority I could not argue that point of view.

Myself, I am going with the 17's because I prefer the design and I don't think there is a huge difference between the two other than the premium cost added to the 18"s. That's the way I see it, but everyone has their own perspective! I am going to take that extra money and get the BAMR to satisfy my desire to own a convertible.

White Chocolate is only an option on the Lincoln MKX. The Orange is an Edge only color. All other paint choices are available on both. Creme Brulee reminds me of the early 90's pearl white. I work at OAC and have seen these colors both inside and outside the plant. Whatever you choose, I know you'll be happy. Good luck and happy shopping!!

post-124-1168127235.jpg

White Chocolate is only an option on the Lincoln MKX. The Orange is an Edge only color. All other paint choices are available on both. Creme Brulee reminds me of the early 90's pearl white. I work at OAC and have seen these colors both inside and outside the plant. Whatever you choose, I know you'll be happy. Good luck and happy shopping!!

Thank you so much for your reply, and I love the picture...that is very very pretty!!!! Thank you!!

• 4 weeks later...

Creme Brulee is the SZONE's colour and I'm peaches and cream all over with the way it makes other cars look cheep. Pitchers in the Gallery. My Boss said her 2 year old Mercedes nav unit is not touch screen, the new ones have it I'm sure or soon:) Go Ford. She said It was about time American cars steep up to the plate. Ordered my plates be glad when they arrive. Will add their pitcher to gallery when I get it.