2008 Edge Limited bot tail lights have moisture fog inside

Tiffany

Shouldn't and don't are the two key words for this discussion.

I have seen condensation and water inside various taillights over the years. And yes I mean inside.

A coworker had a Trailblazer (ok- its a GM) that had at least 1-2 inches in the rear taillight housing. There was no obvious sign of damage or cracking so it had to be channeling down and in to the housing from run off. My wifes old Grand Prix had water in the head light housing. The trick there was even though they looked like one piece units there were actually two pieces and you could get hairline cracks that allowed moisture to get in.

I will take a look at my 08 SEL when I run it through the car wash tomorrow. (hey at - 15 I am not hand washing this thing)

both of ours did it

got em replaced under warranty

powerboatr

+

we have the same problem. They replaced the lights right away but guess what....the new ones are having the same problem. Now I phoned Ford and they said to go back to the dealership and let them look at them again. That is what we did, the shop manager commented that a lot of the lights have the same problem and he is waiting for Ford engineers to tell him what to do.. I'll keep you informed on what happens. If I can I will post pictures.

+

we have the same problem. They replaced the lights right away but guess what....the new ones are having the same problem. Now I phoned Ford and they said to go back to the dealership and let them look at them again. That is what we did, the shop manager commented that a lot of the lights have the same problem and he is waiting for Ford engineers to tell him what to do.. I'll keep you informed on what happens. If I can I will post pictures.

Going to the dealer today and telling them I want new ones.

Edited by Tiffany

Hi there, I was able to download the picture of the taillight with the condensation in it. It is under pocoboy. Have you heard anything more about this? I haven't will keep you posted when I get anything.

That is just like mine. My dealer and another told me that they have to get worse for them to replace them.

BS...They have cleared up now, but the next good rain and car wash, I will be at their door.

Your is eactly like mine, in the same place

PS, I about 10 days, I will take them off and re-seal them and check the seals around the bulbs. I have an idea of why this is happening. I will keep you posted

Edited by Tiffany

That is just like mine. My dealer and another told me that they have to get worse for them to replace them.

BS...They have cleared up now, but the next good rain and car wash, I will be at their door.

Your is eactly like mine, in the same place

PS, I about 10 days, I will take them off and re-seal them and check the seals around the bulbs. I have an idea of why this is happening. I will keep you posted

Tiffany,

I wouldn't recomend you taking the taillights off and re seal it yourself, the vehicle is still under warranty and if they see you did it you will lose your warranty. I agree it is BS and this is the third dealership that we went to and that agreed that it is an issue and replaced them. Even with the new ones and the condensation is still there, so the dealership is waiting for Ford to give them a call back. I am going to call them next week and find out.

I would suggest you call ford and let them know what is going on, the more people that do it the greater chance they will get working on it and maybe have it as a recal, but hopefully a solution.

I will keep you posted of what they say next week. Have a good weekend!

Pocoboy

Edited by pocoboy

Tiffany,

I wouldn't recomend you taking the taillights off and re seal it yourself, the vehicle is still under warranty and if they see you did it you will lose your warranty. I agree it is BS and this is the third dealership that we went to and that agreed that it is an issue and replaced them. Even with the new ones and the condensation is still there, so the dealership is waiting for Ford to give them a call back. I am going to call them next week and find out.

I would suggest you call ford and let them know what is going on, the more people that do it the greater chance they will get working on it and maybe have it as a recal, but hopefully a solution.

I will keep you posted of what they say next week. Have a good weekend!

Pocoboy

Good Idea, Yes, When i get time, I will get a ford rep on this. My brother said, to tell them you have to replace your tail light bulbs often because of water. It will then become a saftey issue. AND TRUE, IF THE BULBS GET WET WHILE HOT, THEY WILL BLOW ANYWAY

I think that is what I will do..

Tiff

I had a similar problem with another car. Water would get into the top and not drain from the bottom. The Dealer replaced the lights 3 times but the problem kept coming back.

Sooooo, I got fed-up with it and drilled a 1/16" hole at the very bottom of the Plastic lens and guess what? The problem went away.

Probably not the answer you wanted but it worked for me.