DIY IDS programmer?

wlepse

Has anyone picked up one of these things? I have found a few that seem to be reasonably priced like this one but I have no idea if they actually work. Hoping someone here has first hand knowledge of these and what they can and can't do. Basically now that I replaced the rear camera I would like to program this into the car to get the lines back, from past experience the local dealers want $150 just to pull the computer out. So for a little more I could do it myself and be able to tackle other stuff later. I know in the Audi community there is a big list of people that have the VCDS program, works great because for the price of a some beer or something you can get someone to help you out...might be able to do the same with these.

I am like you, except I already purchased one from here . I still cannot get it to work, on Win8.1 it didn't seem to connect to the car & on Win10 the IDS software keeps telling me that I have multiple VCMs connected when only 1 is. It is probably because I need a laptop with 32bit WinXP (SP2 or 3, non-Home edition) as advised in the seller's website.