Current incentives vs waiting for 2016 and Sync 3

So Ford has new incentives this week on 2015's, with 0% financing for 72 months, plus $1000.00 cash back. I am considering the 2015 Sport with AWD. I was thinking of waiting for the 2016 with Sync 3....but I am sure they won't have incentives like this till sometime next year. Do you think Sync 3 will be that much of an improvement to wait? Thanks!

Yes, Sync 3 is a real improvement, but for those who really care. MyFord Touch has been stable in it last version.

BUT, if your the kind of person might have regrets after a purchase, then better wait for Sync 3. You will not be able to upgrade to it later. Also,don't forget that MyFord Touch probably reached the end of it life. There hasn't been any updates for nearly 1 year, while Sync 3 is just starting and it will definitely get better with updates. Sync 3 is also expected to add Android Auto & Apple CarPlay.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the same situation as you. I was going to wait until the 2016's came out, but as soon as I found out about the 0% for 72 months along with a $1,000 rebate I decided to pull the trigger.

I got a great deal on a loaded up 2015 Sport and I could not be happier. I do not think I would have gotten this good of a price let alone the 0% and the rebate on a 2016. BTW if you think the Ford Sync is bad you should try the Entune system I had in my 2014 Toyota Tacoma. Smaller screen and much slower to respond then the Sync. It did have some nice apps, but I can just run those on my Android if needed.

Just my 2 cents.

I am a bit torn....I took both a Sport and Titanium for test drive couple of days ago. The Sport is a blast....holy cow it is fast....quiet....rode very well. The current Sync is obviously much better and has more features than what I have in my 2012 Fusion but it still has that same voice...LOL....I obviously had my foot in it, but it was registering a little over 14 mpg....ouch. The Titanium was very nice....not as fast obviously...I liked the seats better though. I didn't talk price much with the salesman, he was all about the "invoice" price, less the rebate, and he showed me the invoice on his screen....not sure if that is the "real" invoice or not. Still thinking about it....argh...

Thanks....I have not negotiated new cars that often....so I assume I could still make an offer below that invoice price....

You can try, but I think it's rare for a dealer to go below invoice on something as popular as the Edge unless it's a leftover or has been on the lot a long time.

You also have to take into account the doc fee which is nothing but additional profit. $200 below invoice plus a $699 doc fee is really $499 over invoice.....

Also - the official dealer invoice includes a FDAF charge - regional advertising - that the dealer does pay. That's typically $450 or so on an Edge (give or take). This won't be reflected in any online pricing from edmunds, cars.com, etc. but it is a legitimate charge from Ford to the dealer and part of the actual dealer invoice price.

Im waiting it out for the 2016's. My two main reasons for waiting...Sync 3 and hopefully all the bugs worked out that they discovered on 2015's. :happy feet: Can't wait to test drive the new sport. I'm putting it off for now cause I know it will make me want to buy it now. Does anyone know when to expect them on the lot?

So I took a ruby red Edge Sport, with the 401 package, for a test drive today....it also had the larger wheels, which look great. Very nice car....so nice the GM of the dealership has been using that exact car and has a little over 1000 miles on it. I haven't decided on it yet, but was just wondering what kind of discount that would be worth, over a new vehicle with less than 100 miles. The salesman mentioned a 24 month lease as a way to get the vehicle now, with the incentives, and then in 2 years, I could trade into something with Sync 3. I am not sure about the logic of that....and then one the sales manager had to talk to me before I left, and he was suggesting the bronze fire sport they have....not sure if that is because of the 1000 miles on the ruby red one, or if it is just a slow selling color. Anyway, it was not a high pressure pitch, so I didn't feel weird about it. Overall a good test drive experience. Still not sure on it....and the whole waiting for Sync 3....