TPMS sensor - which MHZ?

jon-h

I'm looking to mount winter tires on spare rims for a 2014 Edge Limited FWD EcoBoost.

Parts sellers, including chains and the local Ford dealer parts website, list 2 TPMS sensors for this vehicle: 315 MHZ or 433 MHZ. Does anyone know how to determine which of these is correct for a specific vehicle? They are not interchangeable, from what I have seen. The dealer website does not recognize my VIN, so that is not providing any insight.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Great reference to the website. Unfortunately, it will not let me access any information on the VSM module or TPMS, stating I must run the network test application to confirm the exact configuration of this vehicle. I have now also contacted tire shops and repair shops, and the only suggestion is removing a tire to examine a currently-mounted sensor. This seems ridiculous, like dealing with BMW for my car.

Any other ideas?

An Answer (ta-da):

I kept at this, and got a reply from a local dealer, AutoNation Ford in White Bear Lake, MN. They said the Edge, like almost all vehicles, uses a 315 MHZ sensor, #9L3Z-1A189-A for $54.46 each. Better, they sell a kit, #TPMSKIT, for $140 that includes 4 sensors plus a "training tool.". The kit does not show up on the Ford Parts area of the website, so Chris said you need to call 800-328-9552 to order it.

As I have had good experiences with this dealer long-term, I am going to plug them a bit. They tend to sell at cost + 10%, including Ford Performance Parts, and they will ship anywhere. Good people with whom to do business.

• Like 1