How to find you ESN number for Sirius

While swapping out my current account/radio to the one installed in the Edge. Sirius told me how to access the ESN number.

When Sirius connects press and hold AUX button then 1 (memory 1) for about 3 seconds and the 12 digit number will appear. That is your ESN.

Hope that helps others.

My wife just got the renewal notice from Sirius on her MKX. I signed up for another 6 months on line.

If Sirius doesn't have your name/address from the dealership when you bought the vehicle, go online to their website and register. It will give you the renewal info and plans also.

It should have all happened when the dealership reported the vehicle sold, but somebody might have dropped the ball.

I looked for discount plans but found only savings on hardware - not subscriptions (other than what they offer on the website.) :banghead:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
hey ScnStir... I have several Sirius radios already and was wondering how the 6 month free worked? did the dealer give a code or something or was it just on and will turn off in 6 months? or, did you have to make an account to get the 6 months and setup billing for when the 6 months ends? just curious how this works?

Looks like the dealer sends your information to Sirius, that is how they link up your name with the ESN given to the vehicle you bought. Sirius uses the satellite transmission to address your reciever and enable the channels you can listen to while you have an account. Knowing your code only identifies the reciever; there is nothing else you can do with it except give it to Sirius so they can associate the receiver with you the customer, for example when you sell the car to someone else.

Looks like the dealer sends your information to Sirius, that is how they link up your name with the ESN given to the vehicle you bought. Sirius uses the satellite transmission to address your reciever and enable the channels you can listen to while you have an account. Knowing your code only identifies the reciever; there is nothing else you can do with it except give it to Sirius so they can associate the receiver with you the customer, for example when you sell the car to someone else.

thats brining a post back from the dead :)

yeah, at this stage, it is all figured out. actually, I have 3 subs, the one for the Edge was the newest at that time.