Cleaning interior

I have been searching and reading a lot!

I have read and seen what the manual says but don't see where to buy it. I am in Ontario, Canada.

My dash gets a good dusting with a microfiber cloth but needs a better cleaning -- armor all seems to be what my inlaws have ( I use their shop to wash/clean) but see here people say not to use it.

Also my children have left lovely footprints on the back of my seats!

I will admit I have never owned a brand new vehicle before so want to really take care of it.

Is a damp microfiber all I need for now?

How often do you use product on the dash and interior? It does have leather sets as well.

Thanks for any and all help :)

• Like 1

A damp microfiber is what I use to clean/dust all the time. If that doesn't work to get off whatever stain on the leather/vinyl/plastic, I may spray a light cleaner on it. You may be able to find a simple vinyl cleaner at your automotive store. You want something that isn't going to leave a greasy mess behind they call "protectant" like the old school armor all.

For protection on dash/vinyl/doors (everything non-cloth or the seats) I use Aerospace 303. It does a good job of cleaning and protecting. Doesn't leave a heavy greasy presence behind. Gives it is new sheen to it without being shiny.

As for the 'leather' seats, everyone has their opinion. I just wipe down with the damp microfiber and leave it at that.

• Like 1

This is what I use for my edge(all application is with a microfiber towel):

For dash and interior plastics: Sonax Dashboard Cleaner Matte

For the leather....Sonax Leather Foam Cleaner and Conditioner

For the micro swede: SONAX Upholstery & Alcantara Cleaner

For the Carpet: Chemical Guys Fabric Guard SPI_210_16

Just plain Windex for the glass.

This is what I use for my edge(all application is with a microfiber towel):

For dash and interior plastics: Sonax Dashboard Cleaner Matte

For the leather....Sonax Leather Foam Cleaner and Conditioner

For the micro swede: SONAX Upholstery & Alcantara Cleaner

For the Carpet: Chemical Guys Fabric Guard SPI_210_16

Just plain Windex for the glass.

Thanks for the tip on the Alcantara cleaner i was wondering what i would use on my Sport seats.

For glass I'd like to recommend you to use "Invisible Glass cleaner"(made by Stoner). It's tint safe and its application is so much better than Windex. Besides my vehicles i use it on a professional basis a few times a week. It contains no soaps, foams, scents, or dyes. And it's got no streak/haze/ or residue left behind.

Edited by Brad Luczak

• 3 weeks later...