Ford Extended Service Plan (ESP) Canada

Anyone purchase the extended warranty from Ford? Is it worth it? I was offered it on my 2015 Edge Titanium , however I declined at time of purchase but was informed I can purchase within 1 year if vehicle under 20,000 km.

Whats is a decent price for premium care if someone decided to purchase it? I know each dealership quotes different prices...

Edited by hassan.syed

The odds are never in your favor - like gambling in vegas. You might win occasionally but over the long run you'll save money by not buying them.

That said, if you want one then the Ford ESP is the only choice. Flood Ford is one online vendor that is reported to have the best prices. I think the 7 yr/100K mile version with a $100 deductible is around $1500 (US) or less. You can buy from any dealer.

It seems Flood Ford is for US residents only. Here in Regina, SK Canada, I was offered with the Tricore Tri-Care EW but declined it when I saw that the warranty coverage lessens over time (not bumper-to-bumper after 3 years).

There was one time though when a dealer said to my friend they can't remove the ESP because the bank where he was about to loan wants to protect the vehicle. I don't know for sure if it is true or the dealer just wants to pull more money out of my friend's pocket.

The odds are never in your favor - like gambling in vegas. You might win occasionally but over the long run you'll save money by not buying them.

That said, if you want one then the Ford ESP is the only choice. Flood Ford is one online vendor that is reported to have the best prices. I think the 7 yr/100K mile version with a $100 deductible is around $1500 (US) or less. You can buy from any dealer.

Simple fix, get the Flood quote (in writing) & demand local dealer match. They will 100% of the time.

I sometimes negotiate service work (certain jobs, not common work). Local service manager agreed four times so far.

Everything's negotiable.