Dealership Arrivals?

npggirl

Hey all...How is it looking in your areas as far as the edges being on the lots yet?

There are still NO edges in any of the ford dealerships around where I live yet...

I check with the local dealer every day and all they know is they should be getting on any day....that has been going on for a week now...lol

I just want to see one...sit in one, and check it alllll out....

I'm in Goldsboro NC...how is it in your areas???

:wacko:

Hey all...How is it looking in your areas as far as the edges being on the lots yet?

There are still NO edges in any of the ford dealerships around where I live yet...

I check with the local dealer every day and all they know is they should be getting on any day....that has been going on for a week now...lol

I just want to see one...sit in one, and check it alllll out....

I'm in Goldsboro NC...how is it in your areas???

:wacko:

My dealership has about 8 of them out in the lot. I don't know if they are customer orders or just retail orders. Have you called around or try and build one on fordvehicles.com and "SEARCH INVENTORY". That will tell you if there are any in the area.

Bill

My dealership has about 8 of them out in the lot. I don't know if they are customer orders or just retail orders. Have you called around or try and build one on fordvehicles.com and "SEARCH INVENTORY". That will tell you if there are any in the area.

Bill

Hey there...

Yes, I have been doing that for a week now...

Ford site says that there is one at the dealership I keep calling every day...It has said there is one on the lot for about a week now...lol...and still...they know nothing except..."one should be here any day." lol

All the other lots that are near by, they all still say "coming soon" on the ford site...

I just reallllly want to see one...I am 99.9% sure this is the vehicle that I want...

But you know how, you like to see it, touch it, check it all out....

:cry:

None here yet that I know of in western Washington. FordVehicles shows 1-2 not very well equiped units at several dealers for the last 2-3 weeks but they aren't really there. The only other 2-row I'm interested in right now is the CRV but they are selling fast and close to MSRP. I'd rather pay more for the Edge and get it at X-Plan through my employer than pay MSRP. I'd be willing to order an Edge through my nearest dealer but I can't make up my mind on colors.

I've been tracking the MKXs and they showed up here in Vegas about a week ago. They were shown on inventory for a good week and a half before that though. They seem to show up on inventory when they are shipped and then shipping takes time depending on where you are.

If the Edge is near as nice as the MKX it will be worth the wait. I checked one out on Tuesday and it was nicer than I had hoped.

The dealers are in a bind since they really don't know where the trucks are until they arrive. Any day is a good guess.

Anyone know the process that is used to ship these things out west? I swear they must be on a truck going about 15 mph. There have been a number of Edges on the dealer inventory list out here since before Christmas and none are on the lots yet. I can't figure out why it would take a truck 3 plus weeks to make a trip that a car can make in 3-4 days.

Anyone know the process that is used to ship these things out west? I swear they must be on a truck going about 15 mph. There have been a number of Edges on the dealer inventory list out here since before Christmas and none are on the lots yet. I can't figure out why it would take a truck 3 plus weeks to make a trip that a car can make in 3-4 days.

I hear you...I still do not have any right in my area, but there is one about 30 minutes away...and that is the only one that I am aware of anywhere near by....

It will just be a slow process....

:finger:

Well it happened I went by my local Ford dealer today, and they had an Edge SEL Plus in carbon metallic.

It was dark and cold, so I did not get to look at it much, they should have it inside tomorrow and I will look better.

But I did notice this one did not have ventilated rotors, maybe the dealer will retro fit, I will check that tomorrow also.

I forgot to mention I'm in Anchorage Alaska.

Well it happened I went by my local Ford dealer today, and they had an Edge SEL Plus in carbon metallic.

It was dark and cold, so I did not get to look at it much, they should have it inside tomorrow and I will look better.

But I did notice this one did not have ventilated rotors, maybe the dealer will retro fit, I will check that tomorrow also.

Are they suppose to have vented rotors? Just wondering because I never paid attention. I had to take mine into the dealer today... LUCKILY it was just to install my automatic starter. :) They looked kind of sick when I pulled it into service "ummmmm, what is wrong"... :) I answered, "Luckily nothing... Just dropping it off for a electric starter and they told me to tell you to bring it to prep..."... They didn't want to install it the day I picked it up because the installer was still waiting for electrical schematics and preferred to wait. Yesterday got a call stating that they installed one on their first edge and everything went smoothly so bring it on in. They gave me a freestyle as a loaner. It is pretty nice however after my edge ALL fords seem very low quality with the exception of the Fusion. So Ford had best use the Edge as an example on how to make a car. Better yet, just get rid of the Freestyle and Lengthen the edge and put a third row in it. Just a thought. I know they figure that if you need more seats to buy a Freestyle however I will not be buying a Freestyle when I need more seats unless it has the quality and is as quiet as my edge.

Too bad your dealerships aren't like mine. I see at least 8-12 or possibly more in their lot. I could of had another color a couple of weeks before mine came in but I wanted the Carbon Metallic.

If the Edge isn't a success I don't know what Ford needs to do. It's just perfect. Just give me a $200 option for heated seats (cold weather package) like VW does and it would be more perfect. (Note to ford... I shouldn't need to get a fully loaded Edge to get heated seats... GM is even starting to get it... Poor people want warm rear ends as well).

Bill

Are they suppose to have vented rotors? Just wondering because I never paid attention. I had to take mine into the dealer today... LUCKILY it was just to install my automatic starter. :) They looked kind of sick when I pulled it into service "ummmmm, what is wrong"... :) I answered, "Luckily nothing... Just dropping it off for a electric starter and they told me to tell you to bring it to prep..."... They didn't want to install it the day I picked it up because the installer was still waiting for electrical schematics and preferred to wait. Yesterday got a call stating that they installed one on their first edge and everything went smoothly so bring it on in. They gave me a freestyle as a loaner. It is pretty nice however after my edge ALL fords seem very low quality with the exception of the Fusion. So Ford had best use the Edge as an example on how to make a car. Better yet, just get rid of the Freestyle and Lengthen the edge and put a third row in it. Just a thought. I know they figure that if you need more seats to buy a Freestyle however I will not be buying a Freestyle when I need more seats unless it has the quality and is as quiet as my edge.

Too bad your dealerships aren't like mine. I see at least 8-12 or possibly more in their lot. I could of had another color a couple of weeks before mine came in but I wanted the Carbon Metallic.

If the Edge isn't a success I don't know what Ford needs to do. It's just perfect. Just give me a $200 option for heated seats (cold weather package) like VW does and it would be more perfect. (Note to ford... I shouldn't need to get a fully loaded Edge to get heated seats... GM is even starting to get it... Poor people want warm rear ends as well).

Bill

*hahaha*

Guess we need to creat a bum warmer for ya! :yup:

So...I finally got two here at the local dealer...They called me yesterday to let me know they came in! They got a fully loaded SEL Plus Creme Brulee with BAMR, and a SE Sage...

Both very very beautiful....BUT BOY...That creme brulee is really eye catching! Looks very rich and sophisticated! The rims were Blingin!!

The Edge truly is a beautiful vehicle....with SO much to offer!

I wish I could get mine NOW!!! BUT....gotta wait a little while...Hopefully not too long though...

*hahaha*

Guess we need to creat a bum warmer for ya! :yup:

Yes, I want a Bum Warmer that doesn't require $2000 in options... :) My wife has a 2003 1.8T Jetta w/ Cloth Seats w/ heated seats. Before that she had a 2000 VW Bug w/ Leatherette Seats w/ heated seats... I was looking at Eddie Bauer Explorers before I ordered my Edge and said "Cool, I can't wait to have Heated Seats" followed by an answer "Oh, you need to get the PREMIUM Eddie Bauer or Limited to get heated seats". Why do I have to spend $35,000+ w/ ford to get heated seats. Oh, and why do they think that $800+ for a DVD player is a "BARGAIN" when you can get one that straps to the back of the headrest for $100-$200 and move it to various cars. I know it isn't integrated into the car but it should be a $400-$500 option. Also, I think Sirus or XM should be STANDARD on ALL New vehicles? Why? Because you need to pay a monthly subscription fee so Sirus and XM should pay for the hardware for the fact that they will make more off of me we a subscription. I got an SEL w/ a nice 6 disc CD changer and FINALLY HAVE A AUX INPUT for my iPod (What a concept).

Either way, I love my car. Anyone know what heated seats cost as an after market option?

Bill