Center Console Limited vs SEL

cmoses

I was looking yesterday at a few Edge's on my local dealers lot. I am trying to decide on the camel or charcoal interior. I noticed that the center console trim is different in the two models. They both appear to be a brushed aluminum, but the SEL's has these horizontal lines on it. This is something that I have not noticed before. I am planning on getting a Limited so have primarily looked at them, but they had no Limited's in the charcoal interior so I was looking in the SEL. Has this always been the case? It just seemed weird that there would be one thing different on the whole dash. It gives the dash a completly different look.

Clayton

I asked dealer about this exact question and Limited does not come with those lines... I did not like them either.... they do a brushed aluminum in the Limited.

BTW, read here about keeping the Camel clean.. it is tough. I changed from Camel to Black at last minute given what I saw at the dealer. Camel looks much tougher to keep clean. People have posted here about it.