Will MKX tails fit the Edge?

Tiffany

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wondering this too, just to know. I like the MKX tails better too, and my family is considering replacing our F150 with an Edge, but we all like the MKX tails better. I believe (just by eyeing it) that the top curve of the tailight is the same, but the Edge tails extend down lower. I'm wondering if a rear bumper and tailight swap would be all you need. And the reverse lights are on the outer element so you would be all set...

I have been wondering this too, just to know. I like the MKX tails better too, and my family is considering replacing our F150 with an Edge, but we all like the MKX tails better. I believe (just by eyeing it) that the top curve of the tailight is the same, but the Edge tails extend down lower. I'm wondering if a rear bumper and tailight swap would be all you need. And the reverse lights are on the outer element so you would be all set...

if you take a closer look at the rear of each, you'd need more than the bumper and tails - you'd need the whole rear 1/4 panel as well.

on both cars, the bumper and the 1/4 panel meet in the bottom outside corner of the tail light - since the edge tails extend lower than the mkx, the 1/4 panel also extends lower.

I'm thinking the internals could be swapped out of the mkx tails and implanted into the edge housings, but you'd need to custom-fab a filler for the 2 or 3 inches of gap at the bottom.

I'd hold off for the aftermarket.

if you take a closer look at the rear of each, you'd need more than the bumper and tails - you'd need the whole rear 1/4 panel as well.

on both cars, the bumper and the 1/4 panel meet in the bottom outside corner of the tail light - since the edge tails extend lower than the mkx, the 1/4 panel also extends lower.

I'm thinking the internals could be swapped out of the mkx tails and implanted into the edge housings, but you'd need to custom-fab a filler for the 2 or 3 inches of gap at the bottom.

I'd hold off for the aftermarket.

Yeah, but now seeing the Sport tailights, they look a lot nicer than the standard Edge ones...

• 1 month later...