Motor Swap questions? 2007 edge with Oil cooler

jspec

So my waterpump failed at 135k miles. I was going to fix it but I checked on car-part and the motors with oil cooler are around $650 for a low mile motor under 45k miles. I can buy a motor without the oil cooler for even less. $300-400 range. I have also read that the 2007-2008 motors when the waterpump fails it puts coolant into the oil like mine did. Anyways After 2009 they have the 3.5L with a 3 bolt oil cooler. Would that work? Let me know your thoughts. And thanks in advance for the help.

Ford Edge Engine Removal.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

So I wanted to pop back on here and help the next guy who is in the same situation. 2007-2010 with 1 bolt oil cooler is fine. If you have an oil cooler and it is a 2007-10 you can buy a motor without an oil cooler and transfer the adapter onto your new motor which is what I did. Be sure to flush the adapter and cooler if there was an oil issue. $300 for a 65k motor and $1000 labor. $240 in parts. Runs great!!

• Like 2

• 3 years later...