2015 Ford Edge, HID headlams

3EDGEMAN

I had HID headlamps installed on my new 2015 Ford Edge SEL. They are not cheap lams (250 $ ) The left (drivers side) lamp will turn off from time to time. When I turn the headlight switch off then on, the lamp comes back on...May or may not stay on for a while...very intermitent. Brought the car back to the place where they installed the lamps, they replaced the lamp and the ballast. Same problem...did this again, still the same problem. Can anyonme help me?.....And why is it that Ford can sell a car that lists for over 42 thousand dollars and give me such poor factory headlamps?

Did you install a 55W system or a 35W system? The problem is more common with the 55W systems, as the startup power draw and fluctuations cause problems with the Edge's electrical systems. If you have a 55W system, then consider powering directly from the battery, and/or adding a relay harness (basically a giant capacitor) in between.

• Like 1