Newbie to the Forum 07 owner

Lisa Cernaro

Welcome, Lisa. If you wanted to, in the future, post engine/drivetrain related questions here:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/forum/88-ford-edge-35l-and-37l/

No point in duplicating in another location though.

You should have codes pulled, any major auto chain store can do it for you free-of-charge. If you want to have the ability to do so yourself, you can buy an OBD2 scanner like from Actron or Innova. If you have a smartphone, you can get a Bluetooth or Wifi OBD2 adapter and diagnostic software fairly cheap also.

It is possible that the fan is not getting the signal from the PCM to turn on. Also possible the AC High Pressure Switch is faulty.

Any other problems with the Edge? Does it seem to be running OK otherwise?

I was having an issue a bit ago with the engine slipping but took it to FORD and got it fixed.

The fan was running for a bit after it was turned off in the driveway which was odd. But seemed to rectify itself after the engine slip nonsense.

When the overheat happened I was sitting pulled ahead at the drive thru for 20 min for a 4 min order. Didn't think anything of it did not pay attention to the temp gauge. When it did it's blow smoke/steam thing the antifreeze was on the ground but the temp dropped after I started it and has remained in the normal range. I did drive carefully home. Noted that when I got to the stop sign near my home that the fan was on, working hard. But when I got home I don't recall hearing it.

Other than this, it's been a good reliable vehicle!

Welcome, Lisa. If you wanted to, in the future, post engine/drivetrain related questions here:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/forum/88-ford-edge-35l-and-37l/

No point in duplicating in another location though.

You should have codes pulled, any major auto chain store can do it for you free-of-charge. If you want to have the ability to do so yourself, you can buy an OBD2 scanner like from Actron or Innova. If you have a smartphone, you can get a Bluetooth or Wifi OBD2 adapter and diagnostic software fairly cheap also.

It is possible that the fan is not getting the signal from the PCM to turn on. Also possible the AC High Pressure Switch is faulty.

Any other problems with the Edge? Does it seem to be running OK otherwise?

Must add no check engine light no lights of any sort have ever been on. I honestly have had no issues