New member of the Edge family

Navihawk

As many others have probably posted here, I am a recent Ford Edge owner. I had a 2002 Chrysler Sebring with over 125,000 miles, and the engine went. I had seen the Edge on the road and liked the look of it, and since I needed to find something to get around in, I started looking online for a used Edge. I was very lucky to find a 2010 Limited with only 45,000 miles, and once I saw the car itself, sat in it and took it for a drive, I knew there was no looking back. The one previous owner took excellent care of it. It's dark blue (my favorite color), it has the Panoramic Vista Sunroof, it's satellite radio capable, it has leather seats...lots of neat stuff. There are a few minor dings and scratches, but those are just cosmetic; as long as they don't affect the mechanics of the car itself, I don't care. I'll try to take some pictures soon to post here.

So now, for the first time in my life I can honestly say that I love my car! I keep asking my wife if we need anything from the store just to have an excuse to go out and drive it...hehe...

I've had some questions about some things in the car, and a few Google searches have yielded some really helpful results, including a few posts here. But there's one thing I'm wondering about, and I'm not sure the best way to search for it. So if it's okay, maybe someone might be able to answer a question:

I put my kids' carseats in today, so I took the rear headrests out (I found out how to do that right here in these forums, so thanks!). I pointed out to my wife the little loops, with the plastic piece in the small pocket in the back of the seat, that are hooked around the outside posts of the headrests. We both wondered what exactly those loops are for: If you take the headrests out, are the loops there to hang the headrests on, since there really isn't any storage for them? But then the headrests would flop around while you're driving. Thanks in advance for any info.

Anyway, I hope I can exchange helpful information with fellow Edge drivers!

I said I'd post some pics, so here you go...It was sunny out when I took them (but cold as hell hehe), so there is some glare. Please don't mind the dust; there's still some salt and such on the roads around here from recent wintry weather, and I haven't gone to the car wash yet. And with my wife's car parked next to me (the minivan on the right; the Challenger on the left is the neighbor's), I could only get a couple of angles. I'm sure the interior is pretty standard for the 2010, so I didn't take any pics. Anyway, enjoy!

post-39776-0-38531300-1455470242_thumb.jpg

post-39776-0-81353600-1455470254_thumb.jpg

post-39776-0-04194900-1455470256_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I had meant to include this in my original post: I know people love their cars, and so sometimes to show their love and pride, they'll find a diecast model of their car to display somewhere. But not every car has a diecast version, and I didn't think there'd be much, if any, of the Edge. But I searched online for a diecast Edge, and surprisingly there are some.

One seems to be from Ford dealers; maybe a display model that the dealers were getting rid of, so people were able to get their hands on them. On eBay those go for more than $100; I suppose die-hard collectors might go for that.

But then I found a couple of different ones that are from one of the Daniel Craig James Bond movies, "Quantum of Solace", from 2008. (I guess it's not surprising, then, that there are collectible diecasts from a movie, especially a Bond film.) I've seen the movie a couple of times, but the last time was before I noticed the Edge around, so I didn't know it was in the movie, and I didn't remember many details of the movie itself. (As a side note, I've seen "Skyfall" several times; one of the best Bonds in years, IMHO. And "Spectre" was pretty good also.) Bond leaves the bad guy alone in the middle of the desert and drives off in one of his black Edges. Since the movie was released in 2008, it was probably filmed mostly in 2007, so I'm guessing the Edge in the movie is a 2007 or maybe 2008, if they were able to get ones early.

There's a smaller, Hot Wheels-size version of the one from the movie that seems to be pretty hard to find. But then there's a 1:43 scale one that's pretty sharp looking, and I've found it for less than $30 (although it's pretty available on Amazon and eBay's UK sites). I'm hopng to order one soon so I'll have a mini version of my car. I included a pic below if anyone wants to see it.

post-39776-0-15232600-1455556357_thumb.jpg

Edited by Navihawk
  • Like 1