2016 Edge - engine died

seville009

Took delivery of a 2016 Edge Titanium yesterday. Drove it last night - pulled into a parking lot and the engine died. Message on the center display said "full accessory power failure". Electrical stayed on. Restarted the car snd seems to run ok in that it didn't die again. Total of 25 miles on the odometer.

Will take it to the dealer Monday. Just posting this in case others experience it.

I googled that error message, but had zero hits. Did find other Edge owners going back many years with similar issues, evidently caused by a throttle body issue. Can't imagine thst being the cause in a brand new engine.

3.5L engine by any chance? Been known to happen quite a bit with the 2015. Initially the TSB was thought to fix it, but turns out not to be a longterm fix. Might want to look into getting a replacement if the dealership/Ford cannot solve the problem.

A milder approach: check the battery to make sure it is actually not dead. Might be a bad battery right from the getgo. Cold weather will do odd things ... Do you know when your Edge was actually built? Could it have sat on a lot for some time and was simply a bit drained?

Check vehicle stats at:

http://www.etis.ford.com

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. Yes - it's the 3.5 engine.

I ordered it from the factory; was built a few weeks ago and delivered to the dealer last week, so it hasn't sat on the lot. I've put another 50 miles on it and it hadn't hsppened again.

I notified the dealer right away and will be taking it in. Based on what I've read, I don't expect them to find a solution, but at least I'll have it documented.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...