Keyless Reprogram Keypad

killermaze

Hey guyz,

Recently just brought a 2007 ford edge pre owned, very nice car. While browsing the web at work came across this forum, so this is officially my first post. But I can't find a answer to this one question anywhere on the web. How do you reprogram or even find out the factory code for the keyless keypad on the driver side door? Not sure if anyone will be able to answer this question, but thanks in advance

Hey guyz,

Recently just brought a 2007 ford edge pre owned, very nice car. While browsing the web at work came across this forum, so this is officially my first post. But I can't find a answer to this one question anywhere on the web. How do you reprogram or even find out the factory code for the keyless keypad on the driver side door? Not sure if anyone will be able to answer this question, but thanks in advance

Hi killermaze. :D According to the Owners Manual, if you do not have the card that came with the vehicle when it was new, and do not know the "Factory Set Code", you will need to go to a Ford Dealer and have them retrieve the code for you.

If you purchased your Edge from a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Dealer, go back to the Dealer and have them retrieve the code. Otherwise, another Dealer may charge you for the service. The Dealer need only enter your VIN into the "Oasis" System, and if they sold you the vehicle without the code, they should do it for free.

Some forum members have stated that they heard the Factory Set Code is hidden somewhere in the vehicle (on the PCM or - EDITED - on/in the passenger compartment fuse box are most often mentioned), but this has not been verified to my knowledge on the Edge.

Once you have the original Factory Set Code, it is a relatively simple procedure to set up to three personal codes of your own. You cannot set the "Personal Codes" without the "Factory Code". The procedure to set the "Personal Codes" is outlined in your Owners Manual. Personal Codes can be reprogrammed at will once you have the Factory Code. However, the Factory Code is permanent and cannot be reset (according to the Owners Manual).

If you also do not have your Owners Manual, you can download a PDF version here: LINK: Owners Manuals

Just fill in the info for your Edge in the drop down boxes, click "Submit", then click the link for "Owners Guide". Then save the file to your computer.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi killermaze. :D According to the Owners Manual, if you do not have the card that came with the vehicle when it was new, and do not know the "Factory Set Code", you will need to go to a Ford Dealer and have them retrieve the code for you.

If you purchased your Edge from a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Dealer, go back to the Dealer and have them retrieve the code. Otherwise, another Dealer may charge you for the service. The Dealer need only enter your VIN into the "Oasis" System, and if they sold you the vehicle without the code, they should do it for free.

Some forum members have stated that they heard the Factory Set Code is hidden somewhere in the vehicle (on the PCM is most often mentioned), but this has not been verified to my knowledge on the Edge.

Once you have the original Factory Set Code, it is a relatively simple procedure to set up to three personal codes of your own. You cannot set the "Personal Codes" without the "Factory Code". The procedure to set the "Personal Codes" is outlined in your Owners Manual. Personal Codes can be reprogrammed at will once you have the Factory Code. However, the Factory Code is permanent and cannot be reset (according to the Owners Manual).

If you also do not have your Owners Manual, you can download a PDF version here: LINK: Owners Manuals

Just fill in the info for your Edge in the drop down boxes, click "Submit", then click the link for "Owners Guide". Then save the file to your computer.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Thanks BBF- I will be giving them a call today to find out more information.

• 2 weeks later...
Look for a sticker with a 5-digit code in the fuse box below the steering wheel. Follow the instructions from the owner's manual to reset the code.

Hey guyz,

After removing the panel there were a lot of set of numbers behind on the panel and on the panel. But I could not find a unique 5- digit key for keypad. None of the numbers were labled. So no identification as to which is which.

I'm trying to do this process without going to dealer and being charge.

Anyone else have any information as to where the 5 digit key might be or even locate it?

Thank you

I had the very same problem...As has been described above, simply remove the cover of the fuse box. You probably will see a small label that is attached to several wires with lots of numbers...Ignore this sticker. The sticker with the unique 5 digit code will be located on the fuze panel attached to the flat surface.

Hope you can find yours...

I had the very same problem...As has been described above, simply remove the cover of the fuse box. You probably will see a small label that is attached to several wires with lots of numbers...Ignore this sticker. The sticker with the unique 5 digit code will be located on the fuze panel attached to the flat surface.

Alright Finally got the code.

But if anyone have problems locating the code let me know.

I'll have it ready w/ pictures :D

• 1 month later...
Hey guyz,

You have to get it from the dealer. The service department did mine.

It actually is very easy to program the keyless entry system...You will need to have the preset factory code. To find this code all you need to do is open up the fuse panel next to the emergency brake under the dash board by your left foot. Open the panel and the 5 digit code that you are looking for will be located on the flat surface of the fuse panel, toward the rear or closest to the firewall side. You will see a set of wires with several sets of numbers...ignore these and look for only the 5 digit code as I have described already. The following is directly from my user manual pages 122-123

Now the easiest part of this whole process is the programing portion...

You can use the keyless entry

keypad to:

• lock or unlock the doors without

using a key.

• recall memory seat/power mirrors

positions (if equipped).

The keypad can be operated with the factory set 5–digit entry code; this

code is located on the owner’s wallet card in the glove box and is

available from your authorized dealer. You can also create up to three of

your own 5–digit personal entry codes.

When pressing the controls on the keypad, press the middle of the

controls to ensure a good activation.

Programming a personal entry code and keypad association to

memory seats and mirrors (if equipped)

To create your own personal entry code:

1. Enter the factory set code.

2. Within five seconds press the 1 • 2 on the keypad.

3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered

within five seconds of each other.

4. To associate the entry code with a memory setting, enter a sixth digit

to indicate which driver should be set in a memory recalled by the

personal entry code:

• Pressing 1 • 2 recalls Driver 1 settings.

• Pressing 3 • 4 recalls Driver 2 settings.

• Pressing other keypad buttons or not pressing a keypad button as a

sixth digit does not set a driver and will not recall a memory setting.

Note: The factory-set code cannot be associated with a memory

setting.

5. The doors will lock then unlock to confirm that your personal keycode

has been programmed to the module.

Tips:

• Do not set a code that uses five of the same number.

• Do not use five numbers in sequential order.

• The factory set code will work even if you have set your own personal

code.

Erasing personal code

1. Enter the factory set 5–digit code.

2. Within five seconds, press the 1 • 2 on the keypad and release.

3. Press and hold the 1 • 2 for two seconds. This must be done within

five seconds of completing Step 2.

All personal codes are now erased and only the factory set 5–digit code

will work.

Goodluck!!! I would be glad to assist you further if you need any help...Let me know...

Edited by lesebre

• 3 weeks later...

check this out, the guy who sold me the car told me the procedure to add your own code. he said enter the 5 digits then hold down the 1 | 2. then enter your own code

I did it a few days later on the 1st try (from memory), no manual needed. it was actually easier than programming my girlfriend's Homelink in her Toyota which took 3 or 4 tries. btw I'm a programmer... lol

but it's nice they give you the little wallet card in case you forget the code. and that it's easy to deprogram too

• 1 year later...

it has work for me

i've removed the panel and on a small white sticker my number was there

thanks for the info :hyper:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Hey guyz,

Really nice article about Ford keyless entry without factory code can be found on the best website for online Ford help!